Retire the bell or keep for luck ?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by ScreamnEagle22, May 7, 2009.

1. ScreamnEagle22

ScreamnEagle22 Member

Whats the scoop on the road grimlin bells if you sell a bike ? Do you retire the bell and hang it up in your garage, or do you transfer to the new bike. :s

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I would say transfer it to the new bike. It was given to you, not the motorcycle!

3. ScreamnEagle22

ScreamnEagle22 Member

Not sure if I can use anything from the 05 ? Maybe I'll transfer my horn cover. :s

4. ScreamnEagle22

ScreamnEagle22 Member

:rofl:rofl I like that !!!

5. ScreamR

ScreamR Member

Oh no!! I just realized i left my bell on my trade-in 2 months ago!

6. jims87flh

jims87flh Banned

That's ok, just get a loved one to buy you a new one. According to legend, if gifted from someone that loves you, the protective properties are greater!

7. 2000classic

2000classic Active Member

With the economy the way it is, they most likely would make him buy the bike to get the bell back!!!

8. Clint

Clint Active Member

My buddy that sold me his Heritage asked me later if he could have his bell, he'd forgotten about it being a gift to him.
    I told him sure, but he had to replace it. I've got a nice little silver bell with an eagle on it now hanging under the triple tree. :D

9. bwalsh22

bwalsh22 Junior Member

When I got my bike, the guy I got it from left his. I removed it, since it brought me bad luck on the ride home (ECM went bad). Have not received a new one yet and so far so good. God is taking care of me.

10. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Tradition says the bell has to be received as a gift. :yes Well mine was a gift from the gentleman who sold me the Sporty. He said his wife bought it with the bike when new and served him and the bike well. I don't know if it is working or not, no accidents nor terrible gremlins. Did have that thermal ICM problem and starter drive went out, but nothing "bad" :eam

His wife presented him with a new bell for his new red Road Glide...:ap