free website stats program Retire the bell or keep for luck ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Retire the bell or keep for luck ?

Whats the scoop on the road grimlin bells if you sell a bike ? Do you retire the bell and hang it up in your garage, or do you transfer to the new bike. :s

I would say transfer it to the new bike. It was given to you, not the motorcycle!

That's ok, just get a loved one to buy you a new one. According to legend, if gifted from someone that loves you, the protective properties are greater!

My buddy that sold me his Heritage asked me later if he could have his bell, he'd forgotten about it being a gift to him.
I told him sure, but he had to replace it. I've got a nice little silver bell with an eagle on it now hanging under the triple tree. :D

When I got my bike, the guy I got it from left his. I removed it, since it brought me bad luck on the ride home (ECM went bad). Have not received a new one yet and so far so good. God is taking care of me.

Tradition says the bell has to be received as a gift. :yes Well mine was a gift from the gentleman who sold me the Sporty. He said his wife bought it with the bike when new and served him and the bike well. I don't know if it is working or not, no accidents nor terrible gremlins. Did have that thermal ICM problem and starter drive went out, but nothing "bad" :eam

His wife presented him with a new bell for his new red Road Glide...:ap

Back