free website stats program Respect from auto drivers to motorcycle drivers | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Respect from auto drivers to motorcycle drivers

one day a Young lady was on the phone wall she was driving. i was right next to hear box in by 2 more cars. my bike is every nose for this reason alone. she came over i had no where to go i Rev the bike up she dent even blink. (she cept on coming )so the she got so close that i banged on her window ova her car .she went back to her lane real fast she apologized but i chud her out Any way .like you wood your keds but it was close the close i ever came off 30 years ridden i thank god I'm steal alive

thatkep them of your but ha ha

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, what is hte third way?

One reason I ask this is because on the city streets I find it difficult to try and show decent room to the cyclist when I'm out there, mainly becuase of the other idiots that out there. A number of times when I am driving to work or even to the grocery store I will encounter a biker whom I will allow in front of me if I see they wwant/need in front, but then some dumb ass in another vehicle pulls up on my rear to where I feel he's giving me a proctology exam ( you know the types) and then I try and get away from him as safely as possible but then I remember the cyclist in front of me and I worry about getting to close to them. Most of my driving ime consists of rush hour when I'm going to work. I know I can't count on the other idiots to be the same way as I am, but I endeavour to show some respect and courtesy to those riding motorcycles out there.

When teaching my wife how to ride I had to impress upon her time and again how important it was to treat every vehicle you encounter as though they do not see you.The importance of not staying even with a vehicle beside you on the highway, that blind spot will get you.The difference in depth perception and stopping distances when around cars vs. other bikes.It actualy changes how you drive your car.
When you see an on coming biker and you are entering traffic, take a second and see if he or she makes eye contact with you.If they do, chances are they are an expierianced rider and you need not worry to much about them.If they are oblivious to you, that extra car legth may come in handy.A bikers mirrors are used more than a cars, if you see a face peeking in them repeatedly,chances are youre making them uncomfortable or they are about to change lanes.
Thanks for the courtesy on the streets.

When I started riding almost thirty years ago it was a lot worse than it is now it seemed like no one can see you. Now its only early spring and late fall that people are blind to bikes

Back