free website stats program Respect from auto drivers to motorcycle drivers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Respect from auto drivers to motorcycle drivers

Would really be nice if everyone that gets a drivers license had to ride for a couple of miles as a passenger on a Bike...One thing for sure being a rider has made me a much better driver. I drive around the country right now picking up vehicles for a car dealer ( retire part time job...lol ) and when ever i see a Bike are a group of bikes I will get in behind them and keep folks off their butts.

Swings and Roundabouts...There are good and bad on both sides, cadgers (and not all are bad!) at least have an excuse :newsmile079:
But when a fellow motorcyclist puts you in danger "THAT" just makes me sick to the stomach! :newsmile055:

If I was on the roadway riding a cycle I would want to avoid a squabble or hostile verbal confrontation with someone in a vehicle...to me it could be like a pea-shooter going up against a Bazooka. A nut in a car/truck is always going to win up against a person on a much lighter cycle. Hence screaming, giving the finger, and all of that while riding on a cycle to someone in a car or truck; May just taunt someone who might just run you down. Then the undertaker might take over....and the gent in the cage is long gone.

I agree with you, but, if the idiot continues, I have no problem drawing my weapon down on him! One deadly weapon against another!

I agree with you, but, if the idiot continues, I have no problem drawing my weapon down on him! One deadly weapon against another!

When a firearm :mgungets involved in traffic stuff you are most likely going to come out the loser:small3d023::wall....sorry.
Tell someone how much to sell your cycle for.:newsmile093:

I know a gent one time who got into a huff over a parking spot. He got out of his car and as he was getting out stuck a handgun into his back pocket. Then he went on into the barber shop.

He got his haircut and then as he left the shop the cops took him into custody. Now this gent had a state license to legally carry a handgun. Hence he did not break the that law. However he was arrested for brandishing a weapon and itimidation. As the other party in the traffic huff seen the gun and felt threatened even though the gun was NOT pointed at him.

This happened about 20 years ago. It cost him $2,500.00 for a lawyer back then. He had to stay all night in jail all weekend and according to him was served hard donuts and cold coffee.

This happened in a small town. It something like that happened in a big city today, the cost would be equivalent to a couple of nice Harleys...I dare say.

I agree with Randall, you only draw it if you are going to use it. VERY Bad move IMO!

When someone comes at you with a vehicle, that vehicle then becomes a deadly weapon. Only in self defence would I take it out, then yes, I have intent to use it! It would have to be a situation I could not egress from and my last resort. I posess a CCW for over 32 states in this country and have carried for over 20 years, thank God I've never had to use my weapon. If I do, I have no problem being judged by "supposedly" 12 of my peers, shoud that be warranted.

When someone comes at you with a vehicle, that vehicle then becomes a deadly weapon. Only in self defence would I take it out, then yes, I have intent to use it! It would have to be a situation I could not egress from and my last resort. I posess a CCW for over 32 states in this country and have carried for over 20 years, thank God I've never had to use my weapon. If I do, I have no problem being judged by "supposedly" 12 of my peers, shoud that be warranted.

I have had an Unlimited Handgun License to carry a handgun for 30 years. My peice of choice is a S & W 38 special Model 37 Airweight charged with exploder rounds.

Anyway getting back to the subject...Let's say because of cussing, ranting, giving the finger whatever a motorist in a Mack Truck or VW for that matter decided to ram you. How are you going to take your hand off of the handlebars and get out a peice without crashing? I don't remember the Motorcycle Safety Foundation covering that in my class?

It would seem to me you would have to have your gun fixed to the cycle and then have some kind of trigger button, say like a turn signal switch that you could push to then shoot bullets. :mgun Mr. Blockhead,:wall Do you have some kind of a James Bond 007 special pistola that you can shoot without using hands? IF someone was to ram you from behind how could you make that quick of a U turn in order to get a proper aim at them out in the public?

As I have said before it seems the best thing to do in most cases is ignore dumb motorist and not get into a fuss that may come back to haunt you. Did you know that the Federal Attorney General John Mitchell even went to prison?:bigsmiley10:

I rest my case....

Back