free website stats program Reservoir weeping | Harley Davidson Forums

Reservoir weeping

Breakout2016

I have a 16 prostreet with hydraulic clutch. I noticed my clutch reservoir was leaking a tad. I removed the cap and messed with the level of fluid and then cleaned the gasket and re installed. Now I noticed the rear brake reservoir is weeping through the vent hole on top. Is that common?

Only thing I can think of is if it's to full or maybe too much pressure in the lines forcing it out the vent.

Think there may have been too much fluid added to the reservoirs the last time they were open. On the brake one, have you recently changed the pads? Mashing in the pistons, especially if the fluid level had been adjusted with the old worn pads, can result it the reservoirs being over full.

Cheers,

TQ

It was brand new when I bought it. Only has 300 miles. I haven't done anything. I took it off and cleaned it up. That gasket looks pretty secure. Like fluid shouldn't be getting to the weep hole in the lid. I cleaned with alchol on the lid and reservoir top area to make sure it has a good seal. And 2 finger tip tightened the lid. Hopefully this works.

Welcome to the forum from Suwannee, Fl. Since this is a new bike I recommend that you take it back to the dealer. Some things that you do may void the warrantee.

Back