free website stats program Requesting Blown voltage Regulator | Harley Davidson Forums

Requesting Blown voltage Regulator

Hoople

Account Removed
Most of my life I have worked with electronic Product Failure analysis. I would really like to de-pot a HD voltage regulator and reverse engineer the insides. Any successful & useful schematics I can create would be posted and shared with everyone.

What I am looking for is a blown regulator and matching blown stator that came from a fairly recent bike (within last 10 years). I would gladly pay for shipping. Please PM me if you have something like this to donate. The more Blown the parts are the better!

Tks

VTBikers - have you really experienced two VR failures...? May want to check other aspects of your charging system as well...grounding, electrical connections and use dielectric grease on the mating contacts after cleaning, making and breaking them to polish contacts clean.

Hoople - may want to decap the other "mystery" elements like the ICM (ECM for newer EFI models) and TSM/TSSM (Turn Signal and Secuity Module) as well...I have been curious myself...but do not have "broken" ones to try...

Hoople - may want to decap the other "mystery" elements like the ICM (ECM for newer EFI models) and TSM/TSSM (Turn Signal and Secuity Module) as well...I have been curious myself...but do not have "broken" ones to try...

Those units would be a Lot harder because those boxes are firmware driven
by most likely an enbedded controller(s). I would love to see the assembly language code along with the source code that goes into a Black box like the TSN or TSSM but that would be a pipe dream.

I think the only way to get that would be to break into the building at night when their closed!!:)

Hoop!

(I am still looking for an Organ donor for the regulator & Stator!:p:p)

I have a shop and tend to end up with a lot of broken parts. My motorcycles do not have any problems.

Back