free website stats program Request seat information | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Request seat information

I have the Mustang seat on my 2009 EG and really like it. I also picked up a modded stock seat that I need to try on a long ride. My wife likes the stock seat better then the Mustang. I had a Sundowner before the Mustang. I also liked that seat allot better then the stock one. As others have mentioned, a backrest helps a ton. I have the Mustang backrest and never take it off the bike.

Jack

Attachments

• 10-10-091[1].jpg
    10-10-091[1].jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 18
I 'm with everyone that said go Mean City -they did mine ,didn't like it so sent it back and they fixed it, now ride for 8 or 9 hours with no problems

Check into what Corbin has available also. Finding someone at a local dealership or "watering hole" that has a similar bike with changed seat may be the best research.

I had the stock seat on my 09 Ultra tapered and gel pads installed by Butt Buffers in Dallas. Ridden 30,000 miles on it am am very happy with the result. Rode a Mustang on my Dyna, but this modified seat is better. I also recommend the back rest to prevent back ache on those long rides.

I have a 2010 Ultra Classic and the seat needs to be replaced with something
That is better on my butt. Thought about a Mustang, any ideas or other choices I should think about? Any advice would help before I spend the $$.
Thanks

I have a sundowner seat, seriously good seat,
sore butt gone !

a caveat: The seat does move you forward an inch or two...

Last edited:
There are many options, I have only used Mustang seats and have never been unhappy with them. I rode from VA to Sturgis on a stock seat with my RK and 600 mile days hurt. I rode from VA to Chicago with the Mustang and 808 miles/13 hours was a joy.

There is a company in NC that will replace your foam in the stock seat and it is supposed to make a world of differance. If you want to keep a stock look, this might be a good choice. This company asks you for the make and modle of your bike as well as your body measurments. They take that info and custom cut the foam for you. They can raise/lower move the rider forward/back a couple inches and believe it or not it doesn't take much to make the ride more comfortable. Here is the link to this company. There are probably others out there, but I have read a few articles on this one and they seem to do a great job.

Mean City Cycles Custom Seat Modifications :: Motorcycle Seat Modifications

I hope this helps you out.

Back