free website stats program Request seat information | Harley Davidson Forums

Request seat information

67wizard

I have a 2010 Ultra Classic and the seat needs to be replaced with something
That is better on my butt. Thought about a Mustang, any ideas or other choices I should think about? Any advice would help before I spend the $$.
Thanks

I have an 09 Ultra and also need to modify the seat. After a two hour ride it feels like I have been sitting on a 2x6 piece of lumber. I plan to send my seat off to mean city cycles and have them replace the foam and also lower it one inch. I don't want to do this until later in the year when the weather is a little warmer so I can do a 1-2 hour ride to test out the work they do. I think the work I want them to do will cost about $150.

Hi all, I use to have the same trouble with the seat on my 06 Ultra and I installed a factory back rest and after I got it set I can ride all day with out a sore butt.

As mentioned, if you haven't already got a backrest and highway pegs, I would spend some money here first. These allow you to change your position often on longer rides and help decrease hot spots on the rear and back. How about your handlebars? Are they allowing you to sit in a natural, comfortable position?

No matter how you go, new or reworked seats are expensive. You might want to consider a gel pad or Airhawk seat pad over the stock seat and see if that is a more cost effective solution to your problem.

I had mean city do my 09 ultra last spring, 14k later I am still happy with the seat, the only regret is that it is vinyl and in the heat it gets sweaty, I had a corbin on my last bike and the leather breathes much better. Also the backrest is a big plus, mine never comes off

I agree with all the posts about MCC; they did my '09 Ultra as well as my friends '09 BMW and '07 Kawasaki; all three came out great.

After about 18,000 miles, I had MCC redo the stock seat on my '08 EC Standard. About $125.00 if I remember right. That, and the adjustable rider backrest have been the best investments I've made for additional touring creature comfort. Good luck! Scott in IL

i have a mustang seat on my new bike, its way more comfortable than the corbin that my old bike had

Back