free website stats program replacment ho coil | Harley Davidson Forums

replacment ho coil

mikefxst

Banned
does anyone know of a replacement high output (performance) coil that fits just like the stock one fits and you can still use the chrome cover?
I have a 2005 fxst carbureted twin cam.

Honestly the stock coil is up to the task for just about any street motor your going to ride.Unless you need a coil and $$$ is an issue the stocker is a good piece.I've built a few 100+ HP engines with them.

does anyone know of a replacement high output (performance) coil that fits just like the stock one fits and you can still use the chrome cover?
I have a 2005 fxst carbureted twin cam.

Just asking ---But why the need for the H.O. coil for your scoot??

why not?
i've upgraded or am in the process of upgrading most of the parts on the bike why should i have a upgraded ignition etc... but still have a stock coil have you ever seen anything set up for racing and still run a stock coil, distributor, ignition, etc...
once again i just want answers not questions does anyone have the answer to "is there a replacement coil that fits like the stock one?"
I appreciate the concern but i'm not an idiot and theres a method behind the madness. just wanted to know if someone has a proven part installed on their scoot. that fits like stock and you can still have the stock chrome cover fit over it.
thankyou

Last edited:
why not?
i've upgraded or am in the process of upgrading most of the parts on the bike why should i have a upgraded ignition etc... but still have a stock coil have you ever seen anything set up for racing and still run a stock coil, distributor, ignition, etc...
once again i just want answers not questions does anyone have the answer to "is there a replacement coil that fits like the stock one?"
I appreciate the concern but i'm not an idiot and theres a method behind the madness. just wanted to know if someone has a proven part installed on their scoot. that fits like stock and you can still have the stock chrome cover fit over it.
thankyou

In answer to your "why not" question, it's not needed.

There has been enough replies here to satisfy your query in most directions except maybe for a part number of a coil that would fit under the stock cover.
May I suggest not to get your shorts all bunched up and just go with the flow here without the attitudes? Attitudes are something this forum can do very well without. We have a nice bunch of members here and aim to keep it that way.
People are just trying to be friendly replying to your post.

In answer to your "why not" question, it's not needed.

There has been enough replies here to satisfy your query in most directions except maybe for a part number of a coil that would fit under the stock cover.
May I suggest not to get your shorts all bunched up and just go with the flow here without the attitudes? Attitudes are something this forum can do very well without. We have a nice bunch of members here and aim to keep it that way.
People are just trying to be friendly replying to your post.

There is no attitude here glider i have just asked the question a couple of times and haven't gotten a response, but i have gotten people asking why i need to do this and there two cents on the matter. I wasn't asking in a repair forum because there is not problem with the bike. just wanted to squeek as much horsepower out of the bike that i can and wanted to keep the chrome cover over the coil. most aftermarket parts suppliers won't tell you if the chrome cover will fit or not. i was also wondering which product if anyone had tried got the most bang for the buck.
so i do appologize if i seemingly came off rash but i wasn't trying to.
I would like to ask though why respond if you don't have the answer?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no attitude here glider i have just asked the question a couple of times and haven't gotten a response, but i have gotten people asking why i need to do this and there two cents on the matter. I wasn't asking in a repair forum because there is not problem with the bike. just wanted to squeek as much horsepower out of the bike that i can and wanted to keep the chrome cover over the coil. most aftermarket parts suppliers won't tell you if the chrome cover will fit or not. i was also wondering which product if anyone had tried got the most bang for the buck.
so i do appologize if i seemingly came off rash but i wasn't trying to.
I would like to ask though why respond if you don't have the answer?

It's called a forum and that's where members can post in an effort to help others out with a question. Quite often some questions will be asked in response to your questions, It's all good and it becomes a learning process for many.
You received some replies here one of which was from Fisher who IMO knows more than most here on the forum when it comes to tuning etc, why not take the advice and if you need anything further, try a google search on your own and see where it goes?

Last edited:
wont let it happen again i must not be hearing myself but i guess my tone of typing is aggressive
remeber i just asked a simple question of which i got no exact reponse so i don't see how you can say i got my question answered.
You all keep the shinney side up and the rubber side down
i'm outta here the suns out i should be riding not typing:D

wont let it happen again i must not be hearing myself but i guess my tone of typing is aggressive
remeber i just asked a simple question of which i got no exact reponse so i don't see how you can say i got my question answered.
You all keep the shinney side up and the rubber side down
i'm outta here the suns out i should be riding not typing:D

Have a good and safe ride! :hii

Back