free website stats program Replacing the choke knob | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacing the choke knob

As far as i am aware it is not possible to replace the choke knob the whole cable has to be replaced
a metal cover may help in protecting the knob from road debris

Brian

As far as i am aware it is not possible to replace the choke knob the whole cable has to be replaced
a metal cover may help in protecting the knob from road debris

Brian

Ah man. :shock

I will have to check my service manual to see how to do this (and get the part obviously). I need to do an oil change too anyways so I will just get it done all at once. :D

Loosen the large nut on the choke cable that sits behind the mount bracket and choke cable should slip down and off the bracket
undo the plastic nut that holds it into the carb it is not easy to spin off and a spanner is required to undo it and only get a couple of flats at a time so it is a wee bit of a pest
the enricher plunger can then be removed from the end of the cable by pressing it against the spring and slipping the feral out of it's seat
re fit is just the opposite of removal
removing the tank or the carb may be required to get sufficient access to the plastic nut

Brian

29238-92b seems to be the latest part number for a cable enrichment it has superseded all previous part numbers
i have checked and cross referenced the part number and it seems to be good should cost under 15$ although the best price i can find in the uk is £13:22p

Brian

Back