free website stats program Replacing tank badge | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacing tank badge

Keithhu

How are they attached? More double stick tape?

Curious if anyone has replaced their tank badges (without other major tank mods/paint), and if so, what method works well.

Whats the best place to find replacements?

If you are removing the 3-D metal tank badges it is easy. They are held on by double sided tape. You can warm them up with a hair dryer. Then use dental floss to "slice / cut" trough the tape (take your time). Once the badge is off you will have some residue left. You could use prep-sol or other mild cleaners on a cotton rag to help remove the residue. I would wash the tank thoroughly after using any non-standard cleaner on it. The process is pretty easy and just takes a few minutes to do it right.

I hope this helps.

I have had VERY good luck getting adhesive off my tank using a clean rag soaked in WD40. I just placed the rag over the spot and soaked it with WD40. After a bit, ALL the adhesive wiped off. I was pleasantly surprised at how easily it came off.

TQ

There's a huge number of badges on e bay.You should be able to find what you want by typing in something like:Harley tank badges on ebay or:Harley tank emblems on e bay.

Give it a shot.:s

Back