free website stats program Replacing "stock" pipes with other stock pipes. | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacing "stock" pipes with other stock pipes.

mcdraayom

Account Removed
I have what I think are stock pipes on my 98 RK, I have the opportunity to purchase other stock pipes that I like the look of. I believe that my RK is stock in all other aspects. Can I just swap them out? 80 ci EVO Fuel injected.:help

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you have them on the proper side. Do you know the part number or application of the pipes that you are getting?

I have what I think are stock pipes on my 98 RK, I have the opportunity to purchase other stock pipes that I like the look of. I believe that my RK is stock in all other aspects. Can I just swap them out? 80 ci EVO Fuel injected.:help

What are the other pipes coming off of?

R. Lewis, found them on EBay (HARLEY 98 & up FLHRC/I factory touring dual CATALYST mufflers, used, VGC, slash cut style as run on 98 Roadking) Item number: 350088559930

Last edited:
Because I'm new to all of this and really don't know the difference. I just liked the look of the slash cuts better than mine withe the screw on tips.

They are the same slash up as the 07 on my bike and they aren't CATALYST.

I would look for the later models without the cats. Should be all over ebay. I just sold a set of those for $50 about 3 weeks ago (brand new).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Motorcycle-Parts-Accessories__Harley-Touring-Road-King-Exhaust-Muffler-Pipe-07-NR_W0QQitemZ230279153541QQadnZMotorcycleQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2863QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230279153541&_trkparms=39%3A1|65%3A1|240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&timeout=1218678071442

The difference in the 07 mufflers is that they are chambered differently than the earlier ones and have a better sound. (deeper)

Because I'm new to all of this and really don't know the difference. I just liked the look of the slash cuts better than mine withe the screw on tips.

By the photo --- your only looking at changing muffs with different slip-ons, not changing the pipes??!

Stock mufflers (slip ons) are OK to swap on stock headpipes, If you have true dual pipes (seperate pipes for each cylinder with no "Y" pipe) , they will not work.

Back