free website stats program Replacing speedo bulbs | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacing speedo bulbs

blx286

Stupid question here. I'm trying to replace the bulbs in the speedo, but can't figure out how to get to them. They don't appear to come out of the back, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Tim

Attachments

• IMG00247-20120506-1549.jpg
    IMG00247-20120506-1549.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 36
To me it looks like the 2 places the red wires go to would be bulb holders that would be on a bayonet type fitting twist anti clockwise and then pull out and the bulb will pull out of the bulb holder

Brian

To me it looks like the 2 places the red wires go to would be bulb holders that would be on a bayonet type fitting twist anti clockwise and then pull out and the bulb will pull out of the bulb holder

Brian

That should work, looks like some water has got in there may want to clean the sockets and use some dilectric grease on the new bulbs:s

Stupid question here. I'm trying to replace the bulbs in the speedo, but can't figure out how to get to them. They don't appear to come out of the back, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Tim

No such thing as a stupid question, we all learn from others experience and sometimes failures:D. That's why this forum is so great!

Back