free website stats program Replacing oil lines | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacing oil lines

On a 89 XLH.

Ordered some Oil/Fuel 3/8s SAE30R6 KX from a "bike" shop. Was about to pull the old lines and noticed how flimsy the stuff I bought is to what is on the bike. I can almost pinch the line I bought, what is on the bike doesn't budge one bit.

Making a trip to Tractor Supply this week maybe I can get something stronger there?

Yeah I was looking at a Marine supply or Tractor for something a lil more HD. I know I can hit the Auto parts store up if needed...

Guess my ? is moore geared at how to read the oil line numbers markings for heavy duty wall etc...

Guess my ? is moore geared at how to read the oil line numbers markings for heavy duty wall etc...

Google search usually gives me something, but I didn't see anything that answered the above when I entered "flexible oil line".
The oil lines on your bike now, have hardened from heat. New lines, no matter the rating will do the same over time.

Google search usually gives me something, but I didn't see anything that answered the above when I entered "flexible oil line".
The oil lines on your bike now, have hardened from heat. New lines, no matter the rating will do the same over time.

Agree with Breeze here, Try Napa for Silicone hose or at least double wall rubber hose:s

Back