free website stats program Replacing HD Oil with Spectro voids my warranty? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacing HD Oil with Spectro voids my warranty?

You can . most dealer are good dealers when you find one like this you
1. call them out
2. write HD and tell them why you will not go there
3. Do not used them for anything

Sounds like we need another poll, one on good or bad dealers. I can't vote, I don't do any business with dealers anymore...

I am a Tech at a dealership in oregon, a lot of shops will try to sell you the HD oil instead of another brand simply because that is really the only thing we can suggest, since we are backed by Harley. However using another brand oil (as long as it meets or exceeds harleys requirements) will not void your warranty, but if i could make a suggestion, stick with the harley oil, i deal with different oils all day, everyday and Harley is the one that myself and all the other techs that i work with use. a lot of the other oils that people think are "superior" are just the opposite, and many of them are very thin in viscosity. so anyways, i hope that helps you with your dilema. good luck.

I am a Tech at a dealership in oregon, a lot of shops will try to sell you the HD oil instead of another brand simply because that is really the only thing we can suggest, since we are backed by Harley. However using another brand oil (as long as it meets or exceeds harleys requirements) will not void your warranty, but if i could make a suggestion, stick with the harley oil, i deal with different oils all day, everyday and Harley is the one that myself and all the other techs that i work with use. a lot of the other oils that people think are "superior" are just the opposite, and many of them are very thin in viscosity. so anyways, i hope that helps you with your dilema. good luck.

You're joking, right? Or maybe a troll? :lolrolling

You're joking, right? Or maybe a troll? :lolrolling

Have to go with the Doc on this one. The only DECENT oil that harley sells is the formula+ for the primary only and the regular 360 oil. Their "synthetic" as they refer to it is only a blend and not a true synthetic at all. As Hobbit said, I wouldn't use it for anything other than maybe oiling a chain on my grand kids bike if I didn't have anything else around.

I am a Tech at a dealership in oregon, a lot of shops will try to sell you the HD oil instead of another brand simply because that is really the only thing we can suggest, since we are backed by Harley. .

This is a very true statement but being the dealers only suggest their own brand is a far cry from it being a superior oil to other brands like Spectro. Let's not forget that Hugo Chavez is the supplier for some of the Harley oils and that in itself speaks volumes.

If you care to admit it, check the magnets on a trans that has run Syn 3 against other "gear oils" and if you can't admit to finding less "fuzz" on the magnets in the units using a quality gear oil, you are only kidding yourself. I have been doing this sort of thing for longer than you have been on this earth (don't forget I can see your DOB) :s and speak not from a dealers view where there is a profit to be made by recommending my own brand ,but what works the best from experience.:s

i dont care for syn3, i do like the standard harley oil, over others though. and i wasnt meaning to sound like i was speaking on behalf my dealership or any of them for that matter, i dont get paid any different if someone uses HD oil or any other kinds, i was just suggesting my favorite, but as for my age i dont think that has much to do with anything, I am factory trained by Harley Davidson, so i was just trying to give my opinion, sorry if i offended anyone.

I have been doing this sort of thing for longer than you have been on this earth (don't forget I can see your DOB)...

Ouch! Glider, you are not getting enough time in the saddle. Time for you to get out and go for a ride.:D

I am factory trained by Harley Davidson, so i was just trying to give my opinion, sorry if i offended anyone.

Opinions are great! That is what you find a lot on this site and what a lot of us come here for (ie. What do you think of these pipes? What about this air cleaner? etc. etc.) Just expect a clean opposite opinion :D

If we all had the same opinion, life would be boring!

And we would all be riding 09 Vivid Black Ultra's (Because I'm sure my opinion is the right one :lolrolling :lolrolling)

We've all been over this before, and there has been copies of letters from H-D presented on this site stating that warranties would not be voided as long as lubricants used met H-D's minimum criteria;that maintainance was not neglected and that any failures would have to have been the lube's fault.

Dont worry,you're not alone.'They' try that rubbish over here too!

Back