free website stats program Replacing HD Oil with Spectro voids my warranty? | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacing HD Oil with Spectro voids my warranty?

kman

I asked my dealer to use the Spectro synthetic products instead of the HD blended oils in my bike and he told me that if I choose to use any other product other than the HD products that my warranty will be void. I am at 450 kms (sorry I'm Canadian) and am getting ready to have my first service. I don't want to use a blended product in my Ultra, does anyone know if this is true about voiding my warranty. Is there a spec sheet that Harley Davidson that names alternative products that will not void my warranty. I feel like I'm being bullied into buying an inferior product (HD).

As long as the oil u want to use meets or exceeds H D specs it will not be a problem H D has tried this many times also alot of car manufactures have tried this there are federal laws in the U S that protect against this. They go one step further stating if a manufacturer states this they have to supply the oil, Good luck

I asked my dealer to use the Spectro synthetic products instead of the HD blended oils in my bike and he told me that if I choose to use any other product other than the HD products that my warranty will be void. I am at 450 kms (sorry I'm Canadian) and am getting ready to have my first service. I don't want to use a blended product in my Ultra, does anyone know if this is true about voiding my warranty. Is there a spec sheet that Harley Davidson that names alternative products that will not void my warranty. I feel like I'm being bullied into buying an inferior product (HD).

Tell your dealer to put that in writing then find yourself another shop!!! He's blowin smoke!!!

Ask them if they ever heard of The Magnuson Moss warranty law That shouls shut them down right quick

Smitty since H D is an American owned and for the most part Amercan built machine wouldnt the Magnuson act apply here, Jack

Jack,I think what Smitty stated is that the Magneson Moss act only applies in the U.S.A.
Other countries including Canada have their own version.
Canada's reads like the U.S.

Why does the MOCO allow the stealers to spew ignorance knowing it will bite them. I learned something new here thanks Hobbit and Steve it didnt seem right that other countries such as England and Canada would not have consumer protection laws, Jack

Why does the MOCO allow the stealers to spew ignorance knowing it will bite them. I learned something new here thanks Hobbit and Steve it didnt seem right that other countries such as England and Canada would not have consumer protection laws, Jack

JMO - It's not MoCo letting certain shops do this - it's the dealers / service techs trying to justify their bottom dollar by selling anything and everything they can from their inventory!!! Personally when a shop tells someone like this , we should call MoCo and let THEM know what the dealers are doing/saying!!!!

I did hear a parts man tell a customer that no oil other than syn3 was recommended for TC engines . i went right to shop manager talked with him about it.
he corrected kid at counter and talk with the customer.
we must never allow this type of stuff to happen if we do then we have only ourself to blame

I was talking to the service Manager about Spectro and he had no idea what the difference between a blended and true synthetic was. I don't want to jepordize this guys employment but I want the best for my bike and this guy has no idea about products other than HD. I have just ordered a 09 Service Manual, does anyone know if it states anything about what brand of oil is approved by HD in this manual?

I was talking to the service Manager about Spectro and he had no idea what the difference between a blended and true synthetic was. I don't want to jepordize this guys employment but I want the best for my bike and this guy has no idea about products other than HD. I have just ordered a 09 Service Manual, does anyone know if it states anything about what brand of oil is approved by HD in this manual?

what is HD approved is what meets or exceeds MoCo specs.-- Spectro , redline,amsoil,drag specialties... etc , all meet or exceed! Is there another HD shop close to where your at? If I was in your shoes --- I'd do the fluid change myself or find a different shop asap!!!!!

Back