free website stats program Replacing fuel guage with Speedo - FXRS | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacing fuel guage with Speedo - FXRS

xcavater

In an effort to get rid of the speedo/tach cluster on my handlebar clamp, I've been trying to find a speedometer that will fit in the fuel gauge spot on my 1986 FXRS.
Is there anyone who knows a direct gauge replacement?
The other option is to replace the dash. What replacement is best?
Thanks

TRY the Google as I did.....??? You may find something there... A Link may? appear here...

1986 FXRS /fuel gauge spot on bike...... 1986 FXRS /fuel gauge spot on bike

signed....BUBBIE

Nope, Guess you have to put it in your self..:D

In an effort to get rid of the speedo/tach cluster on my handlebar clamp, I've been trying to find a speedometer that will fit in the fuel gauge spot on my 1986 FXRS.
Is there anyone who knows a direct gauge replacement?
The other option is to replace the dash. What replacement is best?
Thanks

Bill's Custom Cycles Call him:s

The fuel gauge is very shallow in height compared to a speedo unless you go digital which is what I would suggest due to cable routing issues you will probably have with a cable driven speedo.

Here is one that may fit...

]

Fuel gauge is 1 7/8" I was hoping to find a mech speedo that would fit. I have found several @ Drag Spec. don't know if without ordering if they will work.

Bill's Custom Cycles Call him

Thanks

Fuel gauge is 1 7/8" I was hoping to find a mech speedo that would fit. I have found several @ Drag Spec. don't know if without ordering if they will work.

Sorry I didn't feel like going down to the garage to measure my fuel guage... I just took a guess.

i don't think you will find anything in a mechanical speedo that will fit , you may find and electronic one that may or you can also try the badlands digital mirrors a tad expensive though

I've since sold the bike, but I did find a solution. Bikers choice sells a 17/8 mechanical speedo. I removed the fuel gauge and was able to use that speedo. I secured it with the rubber grommet that held the speedo in the original gauge cluster cut to fit. Worked perfectly for 3000 miles before I sold the bike.

Back