free website stats program Replacing battery on 2006 Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacing battery on 2006 Road King

bobbeidel

I'm going to replace the battery on my 2006 road king. Anything tricky or special I need to know before doing that?? It should be easy. Plus wherre is a good place to buy new battery??

Thanks

I'm going to replace the battery on my 2006 road king. Anything tricky or special I need to know before doing that?? It should be easy. Plus wherre is a good place to buy new battery??

Thanks

Like OEM HD battteries, negative off first on last, clean the connections good and add a bit of dilectric grease or Napa Silglide:D

Just bought one from JP Cycles and it was $127 to the door (Gold Card member price -- figure $15 more without). It has 380 CCA, which is plenty of power to crank over even them big inch motors.

Likely you have the "Button Fob" if you have Security system, but if it is "Buttonless" you will have to turn on the ignition switch, then pull the main fuse...otherwise the automatic arming will slam your ears with 120 dB horn blaring, because it thinks someone is "tampering" with the battery.

This is why it is a good idea to have a service manual before doing any service so you don't have any surprises. May not surprise you, but if your hands are in a tight place or near sharp edges, you could hurt yourself by reflex response. When disconnecting the battery follow Jacks' advice, and yes HD battery is great, Deka is fine...but for my Sporty, the HD one is the only one that fits in the tight space made for it...hardly any room for even the Battery Tender harness...so I just "bite the bullet"!

just bought one for my Road king 2005 model, went back with hd brand battery, total cost $162.90 its high but worth 6 years of service!!!

Your local auto store will have what you need - saving shipping coats and waiting. Also, be very careful not to drop the old battery when removing or the new one when replacing. They break easily and contain acid.
Don't ask how I know.

Back