free website stats program Replacement Speedo Combo | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacement Speedo Combo

Stevo4204

Harley has come out with a new 4" combination speedometer for the Dyna's. It gives the rider the speed, tach, gear selection, fuel level, time etc. In the book it states that fitment if only for 2012 models. Visiting with a local shop, no one seems to know why the new guage will not work in my 2009. All they know is that the odometer reading will not be transferable to the new guage. Does anyone out there have further information on this?????

Harley has come out with a new 4" combination speedometer for the Dyna's. It gives the rider the speed, tach, gear selection, fuel level, time etc. In the book it states that fitment if only for 2012 models. Visiting with a local shop, no one seems to know why the new guage will not work in my 2009. All they know is that the odometer reading will not be transferable to the new guage. Does anyone out there have further information on this?????

HMMM, my neighbor had his installed on his 08 Streetbob, the dealer is able to correct the odometer:s

Don't know how much HD is charging for their new unit but I bought a Dakota replacement (unplug old, plug in Dakota) for $335 plus shipping, that does everything you mentioned except fuel gauge. I think it does have a programmable GET FUEL icon lite though. I have it installed in my console but haven't yet put it back on the gas tank yet. A friend had one and I really liked his.

2010 HD parts book sold the speedo/tach part number 74735-year number, for $499.95 This combo fit "07" and newer Dyna. 2012 parts book has a new half digital combo, part #70900100 for $259.95. Much more economical than the Dokata as long as it will work on the older Dyna's. This is the one I'm lookng for information on. Thanks for the feedback so far.:)

I did a little more research and discovered that the "new" speedo/Tach combo will only work on the "12" models. On older bikes, there is an ECM, a sensor for the blinker to turn off after a lean situation, a sensor for the netural switch etc. On the "12" models, all of these run to a new ECU?? or some other acronym. So, I purchased the Dakota Digital today and am really excited to get on the bike and tuned in. Thanks to those of you who responded.

My bike is all back together and I programmed in my mileage on the Dakota Speedo today. I'm very pleased with it. It was $335 bucks which really more money than I should be spending in my situation, but it has the tach, the speedo, a clock, 2 trip odometers, reads the Heads heat temp via the OEM heat sensor, has a code readout similar to the OEM, it records (until manually cleared) the bike's fastest 0 to 60 time, the bike's fastest 1/4 mile time, keeps track of miles to next service (must be input first), and a few other things I can't remember. It's nice and no more tach mounted somewhere else.

If it's like the $500.00 Dakota used on the touring models you have 100 miles to set the odometer before it locks at the current mileage. Cheap way to reset your mileage to zero.

If it's like the $500.00 Dakota used on the touring models you have 100 miles to set the odometer before it locks at the current mileage. Cheap way to reset your mileage to zero.

Yep it's just like that. I set mine yesterday. However where I bought mine they had the touring model ones for $400. Mine was $335 with free shipping.
Bought it at Motorcycle Parts & Accessories | Shop for Seats, Exhaust, Chrome, Windshields - Sublime Power Sports during a special sale. But I think they sell it every day for $339.

Well yea you could 'lower' your actual mileage if you were a mind to do that. If one planned (or had ) to sell the bike BEFORE the mileage at least returned to it's 'Title at sale' amount you are gonna have some problems at the Title/tag agency.

I personally have no interest in loosing track of my real mileage in any case. I want to know what it actually its whether I sell it or keep it.

Thanks for the link...I've been thinking of getting a new speedo but haven't seen one for under $450. Agree with you on resetting the mileage as I also like to know exactly what mine is.

Thanks for the link...I've been thinking of getting a new speedo but haven't seen one for under $450. Agree with you on resetting the mileage as I also like to know exactly what mine is.

So far I love my new Dakota. I like having the tach and everything all in the console, no extra wires or mounts. Plus has so many other extras. The readout is very clear even though even though it's all digital. I'm very pleased with it.

Back