free website stats program Replacement Fender Tip Light | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacement Fender Tip Light

On my 09 FLHR, I came into the garage.. Shut down and on the side stand, Heard a tinkle sound hitting the cement.. Looking, IT was a very Distorted lens cover from the fender tip... too hot some how.. Couldn't figure how it stayed on Fully curled and no way would it stay when i tried to match it up ...Just really distorted..so much, really didn't think that was the Whole lens cover.

Looking closely, I could see tiny air bubbles inside the plastic..(?problem)
mentioned and showed it to the service manager and he said bring it back in a week as they were busy..

No way, I went into HD parts, just bought a new lens cover and popped it on.. under 5$, Never had a problem UNTIL i took it in for close to the final months of the 2yr warranty replacing the right front rotor... Noticing Wrinkled chrome, they remembered me coming in and replace all while I was there under warranty..

The fender tip is one thing I clean all the time, after every ride.. Must of gotten Hot that ride, never noticed it before.. ??

anybody hear of this as being a problem on the newer bikes..??

Thanks

signed....BUBBIE

Hey , were you guys switching over because of the heat or Looks..

I know I tend to Hi-Jack here and everywhere.. I'd still like some information please with out starting another thread..

Thanks

signed....BUBBIE

BUBBIE, I switched to LED for the brightness and longer life expectancy. Have not had any issue with heat with the stockers.

Incandescent bulbs run hot, and in a confined space, likely that lens is physically too close to the lamp. Going to LED type has ALL the benefits, longer life, cooler running, lower current draw and rugged design.

Only disadvantage is when used as brake light or turn signal light, may not draw enough current activating Trouble Codes or not flash/flickers rapidly, due to lower current, hence the addition of load resistor module for some.:s

Incandescent bulbs run hot, and in a confined space, likely that lens is physically too close to the lamp. Going to LED type has ALL the benefits, longer life, cooler running, lower current draw and rugged design.

Only disadvantage is when used as brake light or turn signal light, may not draw enough current activating Trouble Codes or not flash/flickers rapidly, due to lower current, hence the addition of load resistor module for some.:s

I installed these types of lights on my 00 dyna and really liked them.. Bright and easily seen on the rear lighting system, I installed back in 00-04... Even had the back-off installed.. Many little resistors and all installed under seat made it a tight fit as some of the resistors needed air to cool.. draping over the side of the fuse box for cooling.

I do think to put on More lighting on my flhr and doing the led's make sense for the amp draw being less.. lots less..

signed....BUBBIE

Good Day Eveyone,

I am looking to changing out my Fender Tip Incandescent bulbs (p/n 68193-95) with LED bulbs only, not the lens.

I noticed HD has them for $17.00 and some change (p/n 59767-05 and 59763-05), but I noticed that they are basically the wedge base bulbs #194 which I can buy at an automotive store.

If you can, can you tell me if the automotive store route will work for me or am I destin to purchase HD's LED bulbs.

Thanks,

If you can, can you tell me if the automotive store route will work for me or am I destin to purchase HD's LED bulbs.

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

The wedge #194 will work fine, but remember LED's are polarized, so if they don't light up with your first install...rotate them 180 degrees & retry. I like the ones from "Super Bright LED's".com the best.

HarryB737,

Awesome site, but what wedge model do you get (WLED-x, WLED-x4, WLED-x5, WLED-x6)?

I plan on keeping my original Amber and Red lenses, just wanting to replace the bulbs.

I too, have a Heritage Softail Classic, but 2008

Thanks

Back