free website stats program Replacement Engines | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacement Engines

dangerdan

I dont have engine problems , but I recently read a post on this site that an HD engine can be bought for as little as $2500 or as much as $10,000.

Easy Rider magazine has hundreds of engine manufactures with engines ready to bolt in.

Ignoring price, what engine manufactures would you recommend.

S&S, TP engineering, kingofcubes, axtell, sputhe, merch are all popular manufacturers and good engines.

Post the info (page number) when you have the book. Be curious what the "upgrade" you mention consists of being this is an assembled engine from the factory. I have the 08 book here.

I broke an exhaust valve in my 88" twin cam this fall. Took the motor out; and took bike and motor to the local H-D dealer. They sent the motor back to the H-D factory in Wisconsin for a re-man of the engine. I had the engine up-graded to a 95" twin-cam from the factory. The engine had to be re-installed in the bike by the dealer in order to qualify for the 12 month, 12K mile warranty. My independant shop said they couldn't do the work for less cost than the factory engine, and recommended that option.

It took about a month to get the motor back from H-D, and the dealer was a little slow in getting the work done, but........

I am in the process of break-in now. So far - so good.

Back