free website stats program replaced front motor mount | Harley Davidson Forums

replaced front motor mount

caseyleiser

needed a new front motor mount on my 05 ultra. Checked the manual but not much info there. Went to self help section here and got all the info I needed, thanks to Glider and Tquentin1 for great step by step instructions. Bike runs a lot smoother now, just the right amount of Harley vibration. Only complaint is the price of the new mount. $100.00 bucks from the dealer in Canada. A bit steep for a piece of molded rubber. Oh well I still saved some bucks thanks to H.D. community. Time for another donation. Thanks:D:D:D

Glad the self help area helped you out. Just think how much labor you saved doing it yourself.:s

Can you guys order online from Zanottis ? I bought a front mount for my Dyna there for $71 plus shipping last November. My local Dealer wanted $110.

Zanotti usually beats other dealer prices by a considerable margin.Good people to deal with.

I know I live 12 miles south from them. Great bunch of guys to deal with in person too.

yeah, I could have ordered it from zanottis, but it was late afternoon and I wanted it now. I even went to a dealer close to me that I never use. I was in a hurry to ride. Finally had a bit of sun forecast for the next day, wanted to be ready.:D:D

yeah, I could have ordered it from zanottis, but it was late afternoon and I wanted it now. I even went to a dealer close to me that I never use. I was in a hurry to ride. Finally had a bit of sun forecast for the next day, wanted to be ready.:D:D

That's cool been there, done that too. Life is short sometimes you just gotta go for it. You might want to remember though (if they have it in stock) I usually get it on my door step within 3 days (I'm in Florida). You can call or email them to check if everything you order is in stock first. Be prepared their website is sometimes a bit cryptic and once you get their email address always send it directly from your email program not their website inquiry page, because I rarely get a reply from their page but always do from a direct email to them.
Here is the email info@zanottimotor.com
Also you may have to track down the part number on google first to plug it in if a description doesn't hit on their search.

thanks R W B , I,ll put Zanottis e mail in my file, maybe use them next time. But up here in B.C. you,ve got to get going quick before the rain starts again. Would gladly trade some Florida weather for our B.C, weather. Still at least we don,t get tornados like some other poor folks.

We in Canada can order anything from the US but the problem is that a lot of vendors will only ship UPS and that costs us big time. UPS charges a "handling fee" when goods cross the border and that fee is sometimes quite high. I was once charged $100. handling fee on a GPS unit ordered from the US. Now, if the vendor will ship USPS we have no problems and no extra fees.

We in Canada can order anything from the US but the problem is that a lot of vendors will only ship UPS and that costs us big time. UPS charges a "handling fee" when goods cross the border and that fee is sometimes quite high. I was once charged $100. handling fee on a GPS unit ordered from the US. Now, if the vendor will ship USPS we have no problems and no extra fees.

Yea I was afraid of something like that.

Back