free website stats program Replaced drive pulley, now no clutch.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Replaced drive pulley, now no clutch....

The4opps1

In between things that I had to get done, I finally managed to squeeze some time to replace my stripped drive pulley. All was going well, until I tried to adjust the clutch. Everything feels like a normal adjustment, but there is nothing but "flop" on the clutch lever. The clutch was operating with no problems prior to this, so it's obviously something I did or didn't do. I suspect something on the release lever side, but would appreciate any and all thoughts. It's starting to get chilly here in central Jersey, and my garage has no heat, so I'd like to put this to bed ASAP. Thanks......

The ball bearings on the cable side may have fallen out. You should be able to get the cover off while on the jiffy stand and not loose any tranny fluid. A little dab of grease will hold the bearings in place while you put it back together.

First did you take the clutch of as an assembley? If you did when you reinstalled it like Joe said did you make sure the ball bearing was still in place? When you screwed the adjustment screw in did it bottom on the pushrod? Here is a great way to adjust the clutch:http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/t-738.html

Back