free website stats program Replaced Cobra FI2000 with TFI Gen3 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Replaced Cobra FI2000 with TFI Gen3

That's all one can do is play with the settings until it runs the way you want it to. As I said mine is a stroker and my settings aren't to far off from the factory settings. I wanted mine to run a little richer so I'm up on the green mode thus a little more gas usage. Good luck, sounds like your getting it dialed in.

Ah stroker!!! That'll have to wait till next year. How much more power? How much sacrificed gas mileage?

from 88ci to 96, even with the gen3 I get between 180-190 miles to 5 gal tank depending on how I drive it, Not to bad for what I have done.

second tank results: 37.5 mpg. A little more in town plus some 2 up. I won't panic unless it gets below 35. It is running fantastic:newsmile01:

Third tank results: 35 mpg Lots of heavy acceleration:D and one full throttle through the gears. Still running great but I need to run 4'th tank at a less aggresive pace and see what it does. :s

Third tank results: 35 mpg Lots of heavy acceleration:D and one full throttle through the gears. Still running great but I need to run 4'th tank at a less aggresive pace and see what it does. :s

4th tank results are 45.5 mpg. Riding in a group on a 300 mile day trip. I adjusted the switch points up a half a light. Settings are now G-3 Y-2.5 R-2.5GB-2 YB-4.5 RB-5. At these settings I still have fuel for acceleration and good cruising mileage with no decel popping. Now the mpg is in my hands. Much happier now that I know I can get good mileage if I want to.....and still have great power off the line when I want it. A big thank you to Dobeck for making a tuner with so much adjustability.

Boy reading all this really makes me miss the good ole days of the CV carb and a simple jet kit and you were done. All this trouble so you don't have to pull a choke on a cold day.

Back