free website stats program Replace dash lights | Harley Davidson Forums

Replace dash lights

67wizard

Has anyone replaced their dash lights bulb #158 with bulb #194 red ?
If so what do you think, are they bright enuff or too bright or ? I'am
just trying to make the lights easer on my eyes at night. Thanks to some one on this net I found it very easy to replace thew bulb in my volt meter in the dash. Befor I put it back together I thought I might change from clear to red.

I'd like to change mine to blue but the only issue i found is it seems the lights in the speedo and tach aren't accessible. Then there's the radio with it's big red glow display that i would need to address as well. As for going to red, i think it would be bright enough at night. I recwntly changed out my fuel guage bulb and the oem bulb had a yellow rubber cover that was badly deteriorated. I put a clear bulb in and didn't notice a difference in color compared to my other guages only a little brighter. I'm staying tuned.........
WAP.gif

Well I think I will replace the bulbs and see how they are. Red is the best for your eyes at night. Too many nuts on the road this week end so I will be home and change out four bulbs. Guess I'll have to put up with the speedo and tach being clear.

Back