Replace Big Radius with stock & SE

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by SixPak, Jun 8, 2010.

1. SixPak

SixPak Junior Member

Want to put a stock head pipes and SE slip ons back on bike (07FXST). Currently have V&H Big radius, Heavy Breather HD download and Xied's. Will putting the stock system back on cause me grief ?? Want to get it quieter.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Shouldn't be a problem. If you find it a bit rich, you could go without the IED's.

3. SixPak

SixPak Junior Member

Thanks for the quick reply Glider. Will this help to reduce the decel popping as well ?

4. 59Panhead

59Panhead Member

the pipes your putting back on should get rid of all that noise and popping....

5. SixPak

SixPak Junior Member

Yes the Big Radius have the baffles but they are still pretty loud. Want to start riding to work but I live in a real quiet area and leave at 4:15 am.Trucking yard is in avery quiet rural area. Boss doesn't like noise and his neighbors always complain. Hope Se pipes quiet enough.

6. SixPak

SixPak Junior Member

Well i put on the "stock" exhaust. It's not actually for an FXST. It's a Shotgun style ( I like how they look) from an 07 Springer. Bike seems to run hotter and mileage has gone down ( right wrist twisty issue??). Am also getting DTC P0131 & P0151. Are codes caused by this exhaust system??

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

P0131 Front 02 sensor low (lean)
    P0151 Rear 02 sensor low (lean)

Are you still running the 02 sensors on that system?

8. SixPak

SixPak Junior Member

Yes I am still running O2 sensors. Also have IED's. Forgot to say earlier that system from CVO 110". Does that make any difference?

9. glider

glider Veteran Member

It will if it has cats in the muffler.

10. SixPak

SixPak Junior Member

How do i check for cats?? What should i look for and if they do have them can I remove them?