free website stats program Repeal of Michigan's helmet law... by choice now!!!! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Repeal of Michigan's helmet law... by choice now!!!!

+1000
I worked in radiology, mostly ER and surgery. I know where my brains are located. I also know what the inside of a head looks like when it is on the outside. Ain't no way in heck I will ever get on a motorcycle without a helmet. My old head may not be beautiful but it's the only one I have.

Takes us back to the old debate about lids and safety gear often seen on forums like this. It's funny how those who have worked in hospitals and ERs/Trauma units in particular always wear the gear because of what they've experienced....... I worked as in maxillofacial for some years spent time mending faces and heads - sometimes and sadly - Humpty-Dumpty's Law applies and we can't put them back together again. Riders can make their own minds up on this where the law permits but I'll always wear a helmet; besides I hate the taste of bugs...

I live and ride in the state of Michigan, and have reservations about the new no helmet law. Insurance companies set rates on statistics, so if there is indeed an increase in medical cost due to no helmet use, all insurance rates will increase for every rider, even if you ride with a helmet.

Back