Repair manual

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by brockjohnny, Aug 25, 2009.

1. brockjohnny

brockjohnny Member

I am about to purchase a 2010 Street Glide and wondered where to get a repair manual for it?

2. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Same place as the bike is coming from:D

Tell them to throw it in the deal to sweeten it up.

4. Rewind

Rewind Active Member

Another vote for the Harley manual.......the best tool you'll ever have for you bike!!!

5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Absolutely the HD official Service Manual. You may think you're saving money going with Clymer's or the equivalent but they're nowhere near as comprehensive. As Glider said, get it included with the bike!

6. Grumpy3

Grumpy3 Member

Direct from Harley, I wouldn't be without one.

7. ghostrider2008

ghostrider2008 Member

Harley for sure but don't pay retail. Just another good reason to go chicago, lakeshore or Zanotti's. I do like the part about getting one free with the deal you work out. Everybody should think about that one when dealing. Online it will cost about 45.00 or so. Work it in with Lakeshore's free shipping for over 500.00 and you can kill a bunch of birds with the one stone.

8. johns07gmc

johns07gmc Member

Yep bought my bible (09 Touring Service Manual) from Lakeshore HD, had a hook up there and got it for $41. Now I'm ready to tackle my own maint.

9. LIRider

LIRider Account Removed

As said, get the HD manula from a discounter on line. Only problem is I understand that the 2010 manuals aren't available yet. I don't know, mMaybe just some dealers.

10. vtbikers

vtbikers Active Member

You should also get the Electrical Diagnostic Manual. The service is going to refer you to this manual for anything electrical