free website stats program Renting H.D. | Harley Davidson Forums

Renting H.D.

coopernicus

Contributor
Hey has anyone ever rented a Harley? I got a 200.00 voucher for a rental and I'm flying to Florida in Sept. Thought I'd use the voucher one day down there and was wondering how much more I'd have to pay. Want to try an ultra or a trike......maybe if I get Reita on one she would like it so much that just maybe there could be a new bike in the near future....:yes:breakdance

That should get you about 1 day of rental. I looked over the rental program at my local dealer one day while I was waiting for my scoot and they want everything to include your 1st born to rent a bike. I was not impressed with their rental program.

Check the dealers web page, here in Jacksonville Adamecs gets 200.00 per day for a trike:s I have rented bikes from dealers before, it is a piece of cake

I rented one once. My only advice is to get there early, as a one day rental has to be back around 5 pm. A late start doesn't leave a lot of riding time.

Best to try then decide... Be sure to pick the right machine for if you do not have much experience with a trike it maybe a waste of time. You would hate to spend all day just trying to figure out how to ride a trike...... Instead of enjoying the ride.

I've rented probably 8 or 10 times over the last 5 years. It's a great way to try different bikes and see parts of the country you probably wouldn't ever visit on your own bike.

1. Read the dealer's website carefully and call to confirm everything or ask questions. Sometimes a day is from that dealer's opening to closing. Sometimes it's actually 24 hours.

2. Double check what's included, like helmets and rain gear.

3. Check with your insurance company about coverage on a rental bike. Mine only covers rentals if your primary bike is in for repairs or service, so I always opted for all of the additional coverages offered by the dealer.

4. Visit AAA for some good maps of the area you're going to visit or have a GPS or phone with that capability along.

5. Most dealers offer a HOG discount so be sure to bring your card if you're a member.

6. Don't be embarrassed to spend some extra time in the parking lot getting to know the bike. It might be very different from your everyday ride so don't just hop on and roar out of the dealer's lot.

7. Always point out defects to them before signing anything! That goes for car/truck rentals too. Last thing you need is them blaming you for a scratch or ding that was already present.

Usually need a CC with $2,000 available on it to rent.
Cash probably would work.

Good to try one before buying.
I won a free rental but hated the trike in the first 20 miles.
Glad it was a free rental.

I won a free rental but hated the trike in the first 20 miles.
Glad it was a free rental.

That's why I made the point that I did. You drive a trike not ride it.....
So if not familiar with a trike, I agree it would be very frustrating....

Back