free website stats program Rented a street glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Rented a street glide

jamesearl

My bikes in for 10k service,also have a near bald rear tire,so that too.I am always surprised when someone gets 15-20 k on a tire.I keep wondering if there's a secret.I actually put nitrogen in last time,not any real benefit except for I've read it leaks out less readily than reg.air. and I don't check it often enough.Everytime I do,it's right on.Anyway,they have a special $39 a day rental for service cust.Which I figured would be a 500 or 750,or something.They gave me a 2015 street glide,not too shabby.I like the tunes,but the batwing doesn't really eliminate wind noise,especially if I sit up.But it's nice and tight,tears thru corners.The wing deflects bugs and stuff,you can see them flying up in the air,after they hit it.My bike is a 2013,and I can feel more power in this 2015.All the switches are different.Bags bigger,easier to open/close.I have to stay away from the showroom when I pick her up.

Rear tire wear is directly influenced by how hard you twist the grip and mash the brake pedal. If you are a "spirited" rider (accelerate and corner hard and ride to save time, not gas and brakes, that explains your rear tire wear. Compare the pad wear on your front and rear brakes, you may be doing a lot more rear braking than you realize. The rear tire is used to go AND stop, while the front is primarily used to stop. That may be one reason that rear tires usually have twice the tread depth when new as front tires when new. Yet the rears still wear out faster for most riders.

I average between 10 and 12 k on the rear before she needs a new one. I run the stock Dunlop but am open to trying something else next time around.

Back