free website stats program Rental Ultra Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Rental Ultra Classic

MissionDoc

I live in southwest Florida and am looking to buy a 2009 Ultra. The local dealer has a bike from his rental fleet with 17000 miles that he selling for $20,000. I feel that is wayover priced. Am I correct?

NADA has it listed for $20999 but with 17K on a rental bike, I wouldn't pay that for it. People have a tenancy of beating on a rental bike besides. 17K is a bit of miles for an 09 so it has been ridden by many riders all of which probably weren't the kindest to it.

I live in southwest Florida and am looking to buy a 2009 Ultra. The local dealer has a bike from his rental fleet with 17000 miles that he selling for $20,000. I feel that is wayover priced. Am I correct?

Only way that price flyes is with a 7 year extended thrown in and some in house shopping.

Only way that price flyes is with a 7 year extended thrown in and some in house shopping.

Even with waranty it still would not fly IMO. You can go buy a 09 Ultra from more than one person who took great care with intentions of keeping it. Bad times have caused more than one who would sell a low mileage 09 Ultra for that amount of Jingle. Just look around, the deals are there. I would not buy a rental. I have seen the way they are rode. Even with waranty, it possibly could be in the shop more than on the road along with all the headaches from dealers trying to claim not covered rant. 14K with waranty would be of interst...maybe.:s

Right now up here in Wisconsin you could get a new 09 for that price.

Like others have said, I wouldn't spend that much on a previous rental with that many miles, IMO, spend a couple $$ more and get a brand new one!:D

It's way overpriced. $21450 for a new '09 Ultra w/ ABS & Security here in S.D. Wisconsin is cheap too, if you find the right dealer.

Back