free website stats program rent an HD in Hawaii | Harley Davidson Forums

rent an HD in Hawaii

harley@16

I'm going to Oahu in Oct and want to rent a Harley, anyone have any advice, where to go, best deals, multiple day discounts, etc. I've been to Kauai several times and check one place and it was terribly $$$$. My son-in-law is stationed at Hickam and he has a Dyna so we need to put some miles on together. He just got his before he moved there and we've never got to ride together yet.
Thanks everyone.
Harley.

The last time I rented one there was through HD's fly and ride. It was the best deal I had it 2 full days for $150. Not sure what the new rates are but it was the best at the time.:57:

I'm going to Oahu in Oct and want to rent a Harley, anyone have any advice, where to go, best deals, multiple day discounts, etc. I've been to Kauai several times and check one place and it was terribly $$$$. My son-in-law is stationed at Hickam and he has a Dyna so we need to put some miles on together. He just got his before he moved there and we've never got to ride together yet.
Thanks everyone.
Harley.

You can check out the HOG Fly and Ride at the HOG website. $100 a day plus any taxes. Reservations are made through the Harley Owners Group® office in Milwaukee at least three weeks in advance of the pick-up date. You have to pay half up front. I didn't read further about the cancellation policy.

I travel on business to Oahu regularly but never know if I'll have the time to rent a bike. Twice I've had an extra day and have rented a Harley.

The first time, August 07, was from a rental shop on Waikiki. It was a new 07 RK, I didn't have any problems but I could tell the bike wasn't very well maintained. It cost about $200.00 for the day. I just got there early and picked out my bike.

The second time, March 08, I went to Cycle City HD, Honolulu and rented a fairly new Ultra Classic. It too was around $200 a day for HOG Members. Again, I had no prior reservations, checked on it one afternoon and got there early the next morning and picked it up. The bike was very well maintained. I will go to Cycle City again, when I have the time. I was there just last month but didn't get to ride. Sigh, maybe the next trip.

Keep in mind, you can ride around the whole island in a few hours, of course with sight seeing it will take longer. Traffic near Waikiki is terrible but there are a lot of cars everywhere, so be careful. To me, one day on a bike on Ohau Hawaii is enough for one trip, you can barely get to 40 MPH most places around the island. JMHO.

If you want a real thrill go to SkyDive Hawaii on the North Shore and do a tandem jump. AWESOME! And get the video!
:USA

Back