free website stats program removing tssm for tsm | Harley Davidson Forums

removing tssm for tsm

jimmyc

hi to all...new to site and hope you can help me not spend some money. took out a tssm module from my 08 sporster and replaced it with a standard tsm. is there a way to reprogram the ecm to not see the password from the tssm. the bike will start them die after releasing start switch. dealer says i have to reprogram. i need backwards from the answer you have in the alarm section for marrying a tssm into a bike. thanks for any info. happy bird day to all.

glider, thanks for the response. i saw your answer for adding a tssm to a ecm from scratch but was not sure if it would work taking off a tssm and putting back a standard tsm. that's what i meant by "backwards"....that i need the instructions for doing the opposite that everyone seems to be doing. i want to remove the alarm. anyway, thanks again, i'll give it a try in the a.m. have a good night!

Don't forget to put a battery charger on while you are doing it. With the system having to go through the "on" mode for all that time and with lights, camera, action all on, it can drag down the battery.

TQ

glider, thanks for the response. i saw your answer for adding a tssm to a ecm from scratch but was not sure if it would work taking off a tssm and putting back a standard tsm. that's what i meant by "backwards"....that i need the instructions for doing the opposite that everyone seems to be doing. i want to remove the alarm. anyway, thanks again, i'll give it a try in the a.m. have a good night!

OK that makes sense now. You should need to do the password relearn then. Any time a component like this is removed and replaced with another one, they have to "talk" to each other in order for the bike to run. The relearn procedure is just that. It makes the components communicate.

glider,

just wanted to let you know your instructions worked like a charm! bike is running and i'm 50 bucks richer....untill i find something else to buy. thanks again for the help and the site is a great help. hope to repay the favor one day. till next time, jimmy

Back