free website stats program Removing the baffles on my v&h big radius pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

Removing the baffles on my v&h big radius pipes

rcwheelman

I purchased big radius 2 into 2 exhaust pipes from v&h and read on their page that the baffles on these pipes are removeable.

I also purchased a performance tuner at the time the pipes were put on, but the dealer said they will not be able to fully tune the bike until they can red line it. So I have to wait for my 1000 mile service.

My question is, When the baffles are removed, will I have to remap the exhaust again on the tuner? or can the baffles be removed and installed without any other tuning from the dealer?

If not, would it be a good idea to remove the baffles just prior to the 1000 mile service?

Leave the baffles in and have it tuned so it runs properly. Removing the baffles will cause the tune to be out and it will run poorly with them out.

good advice.
the baffles are in there to increase performance - if you yank 'em, you're going to hurt the power. also, those pipes will be OBNOXIOUS loud without baffles - you'd probably need earplugs to avoid headaches.

as above they have baffles for a reason to help create back pressure to get better performance, tune the bike with them in and leave them in, baffleless pipes kill performance, i know been there and very very soon put them back in and gained min 20ft/lbs of torque

Good. Well I'm glad I found all this out before I did it. Thanks for all your knowlege guys. Appreciated.

I had a 05 Low Rider with Big Radius pipes. As posted, you need the baffles for the low end. Those pipes get louder in time...very loud. I loved them!

Thorns

I took the baffles out of my screaming eagles and it didnt seem t hurt performance one bit. But it might just depend on the exhaust.

There is a big difference between SE slip-ons and V&H pipes. Slip-ons will have some back pressure since they are not really tuned exhaust where V&H are tuned pipes and designed with the baffles in. I have V&H long shots and trust me you will not want to ride long without them. Most of my buddies will not ride next to me with mine in as it is.

I have the V&H Big Radius 2 into 2, and I don't see how your gonna remove the Baffles anyway.:dknow And really, they're pretty loud straight outa the box.

Back