Removing seat protector from fender?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Wtlj, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Wtlj

Wtlj Member

The previous owner of my sportster put a clear stick on fender protector under the Lepera seat. It has a bubble so i called Lepera for a replacement and they told me it was bought from Harley and it's not needed with there seats.
    She then told me be very careful with removal as she's heard stories of them damaging the paint. Does anyone have any tips for removal ?
    Thanks in advance
    Terry

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Using a hair dryer to heat it is effective on many adhesives. Also pull the film at a sharp angle (not up) to prevent paint damage. Slow and steady.

3. Wtlj

Wtlj Member

Thanks for the help. Just took it off using your advice! Any suggestions on getting the excess adhesive of the fender safely?

4. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

WD-40 works great as a solvent/softner/cleaner...finish of with the site favorite...PLEDGE! :s

5. 89stroker

89stroker Active Member

+1 on this tip.

6. errplane

errplane Member

Bestine is a miracle substance I use on many surfaces. It is rubber cement thinner available at art supply stores. It will remove almost any adhesive and evaporates quickly. It is safe for paint and many other applications. Among many other uses, I remove stickers and badges from my vehicles with Bestine.