free website stats program Removing seat protector from fender? | Harley Davidson Forums

Removing seat protector from fender?

Wtlj

The previous owner of my sportster put a clear stick on fender protector under the Lepera seat. It has a bubble so i called Lepera for a replacement and they told me it was bought from Harley and it's not needed with there seats.
She then told me be very careful with removal as she's heard stories of them damaging the paint. Does anyone have any tips for removal ?
Thanks in advance
Terry

Using a hair dryer to heat it is effective on many adhesives. Also pull the film at a sharp angle (not up) to prevent paint damage. Slow and steady.

Using a hair dryer to heat it is effective on many adhesives. Also pull the film at a sharp angle (not up) to prevent paint damage. Slow and steady.

Thanks for the help. Just took it off using your advice! Any suggestions on getting the excess adhesive of the fender safely?

WD-40 works great as a solvent/softner/cleaner...finish of with the site favorite...PLEDGE! :s

Bestine is a miracle substance I use on many surfaces. It is rubber cement thinner available at art supply stores. It will remove almost any adhesive and evaporates quickly. It is safe for paint and many other applications. Among many other uses, I remove stickers and badges from my vehicles with Bestine.

Back