free website stats program removing indicators | Harley Davidson Forums

removing indicators

Hi, new here so I hope I have posted this in the right place.
Have just brought a new 2007 NT, looking at replacing the rear indicators with smaller black ones, will this affect my factory alarm and do I have to remove the rear brake light to get at the indicator wires, I put my hand in but cant feel where they are connected at the back of the brake light ???
Thanks in advance

As long as they aren't LED lights, it shouldn't effect anything. LED's need an equalizer to load the TSSM so it flashes properly in most cases or they will set a code. The brake light lens and reflector must be removed to access the plug in for the lights (2 screws). They are modular connections that you just squeeze the tab on the plug and it comes out. Be sure to use dielectric grease on the connectors when reinstalling.

I must be doing somthing wrong as I cant get the turn signal wires out to fit the new wires, I removed the brake light and that was easy to remove the wires just pushed the tab on top of the brake wires but I cant get the wires, I tried sqeezing the connector but I cant pull it out and dont want to damage anything, what am I doing wrong :(

Look for the locking tab on the plug. It's just a matter of releasing it by using a pointed object to release it.

EDIT
I said to squeeze the tab, actually it should be released with a pointed object at the top of the plug itself to release the plug from the socket.

Last edited:
Back