free website stats program Removing chrome saddlebag guards/protectors | Harley Davidson Forums

Removing chrome saddlebag guards/protectors

BenDiem

Greetings all,

Newb here. My first post was my Intro post.

This is my second post (hoping to get someone to assist me with this endeavor), and I'm hoping someone here can assist me with my quest to remove the chrome saddlebag guards/protectors.

I tried to remove the above protectors but it appears the two inside bolts are welded. Has anyone tried to remove them? Are these two bolts in fact welded or do I just have cheap tools?

Any suggestions on how to remove the two welded bolts located on the rear frame, that attaches to the side of each saddlebag?

Tks/Cheers,

BB

BB it might be that I'm reading your post wrong, normally the saddle bags on a FLHTC are removable by simply opening the lid and turning the two zuse fasteners CCW and lifting the bag out. I don't know of any welded bolts that attach the saddlebags with that said I may be wrong.

BB it might be that I'm reading your post wrong, normally the saddle bags on a FLHTC are removable by simply opening the lid and turning the two zuse fasteners CCW and lifting the bag out. I don't know of any welded bolts that attach the saddlebags with that said I may be wrong.

^^^ Or I did not make myself clear...

I want to remove the outside chrome saddlebag covers/protectors/bars. The two outside chrome surround bars that protect the saddlebags...

I think the two bolts that mount the saddlebag chrome bars to the rear frame might be welded...

Tks again/Cheers,

BB

HD12FLHR105.gif
Does this look like your set up?

^^^ That's far beyond my capabilities. I've resigned myself to keeping them on, lol.

Tks very much!/Cheers,

BB

Two bolts per side on the bag rails behind the saddlebag and two bolts per side on the crash bars... nothing is welded.. Total of 4 bolts per side..

^^^ I'll give it another shot tomorrow. This time, I'll remove the saddlebags to see if I can get some extra leverage to get a better tug on my cheap tools, lol...

Tks/Cheers,

BB

Back