free website stats program Removing Cats | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Removing Cats

It's the concern I have too. Not sure how much of it I will be able to get rid of but this 14 touring bike puts of WAY more heat than my 06 88ci street bob ever dreamed of.

In 2011 on my 11 road glide ultra,cut header in half, drilled, sawed, and barrel sanded the cat out and welded in back together. This year I traded for an ultra limited, for 100.00 I just ordered a header from wildpigpipes.ocm, and bolted it on. Bought mufflers from them as well, 185.00 for seconds on e-bay. In 2011 also tried the V&H tuner, it pumped oil out the air breather all over the bike, later had HD put their tuner on, much better. This time I installed HD's stage one air breather and had HD put their tuner on the bike and runs and sounds great. Saved a ton on the exhaust, so it didn't hurt as bad to have HD put the tuner on. Getting rid of the cat is well worth it, sat in traffic last year in Salt Lake city at 105 deg. F, remember before the cat was out could hardly sit on bike in 80 deg. F weather.

Does anyone know what type of welding wire is best to weld the pipes back together with? Is 70 series mild steel ok? Thanks Randy

took cat out by cutting a door digging it out welding door back on more power runs great the trouble is getting equal veloicity to both sides any suggestions?

From what I have read, the dust that comes out of the pipe while you are drilling it out is toxic. If you want to go that route at least wear some form of respirator.

Posted by "hammerhead pat"...

American Custom will either gut your header pipe to remove the cats or give you $180 for yours when you send it back in. I think just buying theirs outright is around $380, then get $180 back.

Interesting concept even with 2 short baffles in the mufflers.
Yes this is right I got about $180 I think

Back