free website stats program Removing Baffles from 2002 Road King.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Removing Baffles from 2002 Road King....

~PK~

Can anyone tell me the tools i will need in order to do this correctly? Ive already looked into this and will be doing so there is no shying me away from it lol :newsmile055: :cheers

If they are stock pipes just take a 1 7/8'' hole drill attachment on a 3/8 drill and cut the weld at the back of mufflers while there still on the bike and then tale a pry bar and wedge it in thr baffle, turn & twist, that breaks the tac welds and then just pull them puppys out.

Thanks!

I had seen a few done on youtube like that and yes they are stock pipes. I just wanted to make sure before i went to drilling. Im tired of my bike sounding like a VW... its a HOG for cryin out loud!!

Re: Thanks!

I hear you, and now everyone else will too:) You'll probably want to re-jet if your carbed.

Can anyone tell me the tools i will need in order to do this correctly? Ive already looked into this and will be doing so there is no shying me away from it lol :newsmile055: :cheers
If you remove the baffles the bike will have less back pressure and yes be noticably louder but before you ruin your stock pipes be aware! You will have to rejet if (carbed) or mapped (fule inj) to get the lean condition handled and you better do that or your bike will run hot etc. However the "loud pipes" is all you get as you will lose your low end torque and response I assure you. There will be a flat spot in the performance and your bike will not run near as good as it did. Do yourself a favor and buy some slip on mufflers made to be loud and best headers and do it right ! Leave the stock pipes alone I have been through this myself and after all the baffle removing etc. I replaced with Vance and Hines headers and Samson pipes and it will runs like it's stolen! I added a screaming eagle ignition on mine, (carbed) about 100.00 all done for about a 1000.00 Hey it's an HD and you know that stands for (Hundred dollar)s Do it right the first time!

If you remove the baffles the bike will have less back pressure and yes be noticably louder but before you ruin your stock pipes be aware! You will have to rejet if (carbed) or mapped (fule inj) to get the lean condition handled and you better do that or your bike will run hot etc. However the "loud pipes" is all you get as you will lose your low end torque and response I assure you. There will be a flat spot in the performance and your bike will not run near as good as it did. Do yourself a favor and buy some slip on mufflers made to be loud and best headers and do it right ! Leave the stock pipes alone I have been through this myself and after all the baffle removing etc. I replaced with Vance and Hines headers and Samson pipes and it will runs like it's stolen! I added a screaming eagle ignition on mine, (carbed) about 100.00 all done for about a 1000.00 Hey it's an HD and you know that stands for (Hundred dollar)s Do it right the first time!
Have fun and Ride Safe

Last edited by a moderator:
Not going to like the way they sound, been there done that

Look at Wild Pig Slip ons. They will not cost you and arm and a leg and have a great sound. Get the 2" baffle if want loud, the 1.75" Sound good to me.

Store

If you want to gut the stock pipes, it's your bike. I ain't gonna try to stop you, but I will suggest the header baffles from Big City Thunder. They cost less than $100 and you will get the sound you want with the proper back pressure. Check out their website. Good luck.

Welp it didnt work anyways.......

There isnt just the one weld at the end... there is also another that cant be reached very easily and possibly even more throughout the stock pipes. Im gonna look into some slip ons like most of you suggested.

Back