free website stats program Removing a Bandit Clutch from a 85 Softail | Harley Davidson Forums

Removing a Bandit Clutch from a 85 Softail

First Time working on a Harley Trans?

• First time working on a Harley Trans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feel your over your head when the primary cover came off?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello, Going from first to second on a speed shift the shifter pin or shifter pawl broke away from the pin inside the transmission so I needed to take apart the "trans"to remove the pin and get a new shifter pawl installed. Evidently when Carls Speed shop built my bike a heavy duty shifter-P was not installed "This is has been a trouble free bike for years" my problem is how do i remove a Bandit Race clutch, been to their site and that was not a major help. Please see the picture of the unit I don't remember the type any longer or model. Any tips on remove-all? or sites videos my manual has not been any help. Thank you all in advance. This site has helped me to take this on and avoid the $600.00 that I can't afford! "Thank you"
Ride To Live Live To Ride!

Attachments

• IMG_1089.JPG
    IMG_1089.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1088.JPG
    IMG_1088.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 3
Yes very good! Thank you very much Hobbit! I will do the procedure today. I din't realize that the PDF's on the Bandit site had more info then the view docs but they do and are easier to read. I'll get out more zip lock bags and the marker. Thanks again...

Back