free website stats program Removed Tour Pak from EGC...WOW | Harley Davidson Forums

Removed Tour Pak from EGC...WOW

Mavagrand

Took the tour pak off my scoot, initally to clean underneath it. Wow, my bike looks like a completely different bike...SaaWeeet. Got me thinking about buying a one up Mustang seat and detachable tour pak rack so I can ride solo on occasions. Thing is the MoCo wants over 300.00 for a detachable rack. I have confused myself as to what I need and need advise. I dont want the docking kits that allow attachment of sissy bar/pad. I just want to be able to remove the tourpak and ride. Do I have to buy the 300.00 kit from HD or is there an less expensive way? thanx. :)

I've looked at Ebay. I'm just not sure what I need regarding a kit. I can find a "kit" for 150.00 but when I read it, not sure if it includes the docking points or not. then you mix in the info concerning other detachable items and I am thoroughly confused as to what I need. Like I said, I am only going to ride this bike in two configurations, with the tour pak on and with it off. My wife absolutely loves the comfort of the tour pak and has made it clear when she is on, she wants the tour pak, so no sissy pad for her.

I don't know about the tour pak business cuz I bought an FLSTC. When my last old lady started telling me how things we're going to be, I went riding with my solo seat and never went back. I'm single now and lovin it! That was the best modification I ever made!! Me, my harley and my dog named Gus, that's the way "I like it".....
:small3d004:

I have a SG & picked up a used tour pak. I was going to go with the 4 point docking hardware & the removable tour pak rack to make it easy. I have decided to just make my own bracket to attach the tour pak & 4 bolts to remove it or put it back on. A little more hassle but have heard people having the quick release rattling & having to replace the mount connections? I will not be putting mine on that often. It cost me a little time about 2 hours to bend & drill the bracket. For me $12 verses over $300 was worth it.

How long does it take you to put it on or remove the way it is now?

Murdock, its about a 20 - 30 minute job now. Have to remove the tag and put the stock tag mount back on as it served to support the tour pak and then have to connect radio antenna...

Took the tour pak off my scoot, initally to clean underneath it. Wow, my bike looks like a completely different bike...SaaWeeet. Got me thinking about buying a one up Mustang seat and detachable tour pak rack so I can ride solo on occasions. Thing is the MoCo wants over 300.00 for a detachable rack. I have confused myself as to what I need and need advise. I dont want the docking kits that allow attachment of sissy bar/pad. I just want to be able to remove the tourpak and ride. Do I have to buy the 300.00 kit from HD or is there an less expensive way? thanx. :)

I put the QD assembly on my '07 FLHTC in June. I too was confused about the moco's statements, the high price in catalog is for "kit" that is basically just a antenna relocation boss. I put a Tune Trapper inside my fairing, and am satisfied. According to what I just saw on ebay the docking kits fit up to '08, you should check. I got a 53804-06 dock kit ($47 + about $10 shipping), and a 53276-04 two up t.p. rack ($158 incl. ship) on ebay. I also got a lay down plate mount that looks better when riding 'bareback'. Total about $220. Takes 1 minute to put on (two people, 1 to make sure ya don't scratch anything), 30 seconds to remove, not counting the Badlander seat. I think I have some pics on my profile page.

Last edited:
That's not too bad. Depending how often you change it back & forth? For now I am only going to use the pak when I go on trips? Others have said once I put it on I will not be taking it off as much as I think? I do like the looks of my SG without it.

Back