free website stats program removed heel shifter | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

removed heel shifter

just wanna be sure im doin it right ..to heel shift do you rest yer toe on the floorboard or does yer leg go upnd down?just feels strange ..

:D :D It is a little strange at first and you can still use the toe shifter like normal if you want. Try it, you'll find it becomes natural pretty quick. Once you get used to it tho, be careful not to kick it down like a mule while jamming' thru the gears :s

Toe on the floor board and heel steps down 1 gear at a time. As stray dog said it becomes natural real quick.

thanks to all for the instruction. i wanted to make sure i didnt like heelshifting for the right reasons, not because iwas doing it wrong.theres a tendony-thing in my shin that doesnt want me to heel shift..
i have a kuryakan 1046 in the mail $23 plus freight..no doubt its just a piece of pipe but i cant take a chance that its not a marketing ploy..love my betsy too much to take a chance like that..enjoy and be safe ..

a short (sorta funny) story. I have always been a toe shifter. Had Never used a heel shifter. So when I took my Heritage on a test drive from the dealership - it had heel/toe shifter and I just thought I'd give it a try. I did. About the first time I made a turn I pushed DOWN on the heel shifter - let out the clutch and figured I needed a lower gear so I pushed down again - with the heel of my boot - all the to 5th gear! Man this thing is not going right! I pulled off the side of the road and tried to find 'neutral' -- I was pulling up on the toe and pushing down on the heel -- but, I could not find neutral - man - what's wrong with this dang transmission!!!! I was sooooo confused trying to use that dang heel shifter I didn't know up from down and 1st from 5th gears!! haha Finally made it back to the dealer - (the salesman was on another bike riding with me on the test drive). I bought the bike - and love my Heritage - BUT I did remove the heel shifter!! :) :)

To those who like them - GREAT! To those who do not like them - GREAT!

I'm sure a man could get used to it -- but, I just prefer the toe for up and down shifting - that's all I've ever done since my first bike (HD) back in 1968.

Bill

To those who like them - GREAT! To those who do not like them - GREAT!

I'm sure a man could get used to it -- but, I just prefer the toe for up and down shifting - that's all I've ever done since my first bike (HD) back in 1968.

Bill

:D yes that was sorta funny! Thanks for sharing Bill, I'm sure we all made a down shift on the heel shifter once or twice

The only time I have used a toe and heel shifter was on a scimitar but as I remember toe to go up a gear and heel to go down but I could be wrong it was a wee while ago it had a fluid coupling so no clutch and I think used epicyclic gears
Could do 70 mph + but was governed to 60 mph

Brian

Attachments

• Scimitar_Light_Tank_MOD_45149231.jpg
    Scimitar_Light_Tank_MOD_45149231.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 11
Back