free website stats program Removal of them front wind/storage bits | Harley Davidson Forums

Removal of them front wind/storage bits

Rebyl

Banned
Not really sure what you call em but the ones that attach to the front crash bars that you can put you camera or cellphone in.
My question is ...do many people remove them and has anyone got any photos of them without. Its just it seems a bit cluttered to me around my feet. Would also maybe be better in the heat...if our bl***dy summer ever arrives.
TIA

You can remove them rather easily with a few fasteners. You'll also get much more air in the hot weather too.

They are called "lowers".

Thanks Glider...Yeah, now I remember...Lowers...sitting here in the office in town doing no work and playing on the computer...ain't Broadband great.
Thanks again

They also sell a quick disconnect setup for the lowers but being they are so easily removed, it's really not worth the expense.

Not really sure what you call em but the ones that attach to the front crash bars that you can put you camera or cellphone in.
My question is ...do many people remove them and has anyone got any photos of them without. Its just it seems a bit cluttered to me around my feet. Would also maybe be better in the heat...if our bl***dy summer ever arrives.
TIA

I ride an '03 UC down here in Houston year round. Once the morning air temp gets in the mid 50's in the Spring, I yank off the lower fairings (lowers) and put them on the top shelf in the garage. In the Fall/Winter when the afternoon air temps get into the mid 60's, I get down the lowers and slap them back on the bike. Very easy to do. 10 min. each, and that includes a few sips before and after each one, and forgetting the right size TORX bit for the bottom fastener!

I suspect that your lowers have that little window in them to channel some air to your shins, but I personally think just yank them off.

Here is a shot of the bike without the lowers during the Lonestar Rally a few years ago.

TQ

Attachments

• Galveston Bike Rally.jpg
    Galveston Bike Rally.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 54
Thanks Guys, still winter over here, but spring aint to far away so will pull them off today. To my mind the soul of Harley is the motor, these lowers sure help to keep the cold air off but seem to me to detract from a beautiful engine. I kinda like the naked look....in bikes and in women...grin

Thanks Guys, still winter over here, but spring aint to far away so will pull them off today. To my mind the soul of Harley is the motor, these lowers sure help to keep the cold air off but seem to me to detract from a beautiful engine. I kinda like the naked look....in bikes and in women...grin

Can't argue much with that! Although there are some ugly bikes out there that folks aught to keep covered. :s

I have the lowers on my SG and also take them off in the summer. Thinking of doing the socal thing and installing speakers in the glove boxes, but that would make them permanent (speaker wiring) :eam

Back