free website stats program Removable Pillion? | Harley Davidson Forums

Removable Pillion?

Kansasjase

Anyone know of any removable pillions that will work on the Street Bob and not leave it looking like it's missing parts when the pillion isn't on? I love the solo seat and the bare fender and don't want to change that with a permanent addon. My wife says she'd like to ride with me from time to time but has no interest in long hauls.

I had the HD pillion on my bike for about two days. That was as long as I could stand the look. I absolutely hated it.

I ended up buying a take-off two-up seat on eBay for about $50.00. It looked MUCH better on the bike. Also, it was easier to just switch seats as compared to installing and removing the pillion.

I had the HD pillion on my bike for about two days. That was as long as I could stand the look. I absolutely hated it.

I ended up buying a take-off two-up seat on eBay for about $50.00. It looked MUCH better on the bike. Also, it was easier to just switch seats as compared to installing and removing the pillion.

Does it leave a bracket when you take it off or is it a complete conversion every time you swap it out... and it is painless? :D

Try a Phantom pad lick and stick! They work well. :D

You use this? Does it really work? I don't see my wife hopping on for anything more than Sunday evening cruises and I don't wanna permanently lose the look that I love on the Street bob.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you use the "Lick and stick", be carefull it will leave suction cup marks on the fender.Don't know how hard they are to get off but they (the pillion pad)do stay on good.

Kansasjase The way I look at it is buy buy a seat like jmpancoast suggested. I think the wife would be much happier than with a stick on pad and in my book having the wife go with me is more important than looks. It would be easy to change them out. You remove one seat screw for your solo seat and take off the solo. Put on the 2 up seat and put the screw back in. The only problem is you will have to pull the plug that is on your fender and put a fender clip nut there so you can screw the 2 up seat down. But like I said keeping the Wife happy is one of my main goals so what do I know. Good luck with your decision.

Cowboy

Back