free website stats program Remote Gen-3 LED Display | Harley Davidson Forums

Remote Gen-3 LED Display

RibEye

I like the way that the Gen-3 display's its status. It seems that that would be real cool if displayed where it could be seen, like in the Road King dash. How hard would it be to do such a thing? I'm thinking in the status LED bar, maybe to replace the stock bar with one with the original status indicators and the multicolor GEN-3 LEDs along the bottom of the bar.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Not real hard because we have some of the best engineers. More of an issue of whether we really think there's a large market for it.

Not real hard because we have some of the best engineers. More of an issue of whether we really think there's a large market for it.
Maybe not, maybe so. The GEN3 array is almost exactly the same width as the status bar on a road king dash, hence my inspiration. I'm an engineer of 30 years experience. I could do the mod myself, its just a matter of the time involved, and opening up the GEN3, which I would not likely do (I'd rather ride on my time off). Actually, the whole GEN3 may be small and flat enough to fit under the Road King dash panel...hmmm...

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back