free website stats program Remember these guys? | Harley Davidson Forums

Remember these guys?

It's been a long time since I've heard that song.:small3d018::bigsmiley12: Thanks for posting it.:cheers

THANKS for posting that vid.:D

I too,,, Older now and Younger then, saw them "Live" at the "Old Spanish Castle" about the time they first came out.

I too drummed but not with a popular group like the Ventures, yet lots of fun and side money way back then, in the early to late 60's,,,70's.

This was one of my memories from the "Good Old Days"...

Thanks again.

signed....BUBBIE

Ah Yes, and I remember the Mosrite guitar they made famous:D

I used my hard earned money from my morning paper route to buy their album. If you read the dialog under the video, I too picked a guitar and learned THAT song. When the music was good back then.

STUMPTOWNBLOGGER: WHAT A COOL VIDEO!

Great song, great video. Thanks for sharing.

Another from that era, Baja by the Astronauts.

The Astronauts - Baja (Best Version) - YouTube

I was in high school in Boulder, CO, when they wrote and recorded this. Five local schoolteachers, their band name was probably inspired by being in the home town of Scott Carpenter, one of the first seven Mercury astronauts.

They used to hold street dances, when part of a shopping center or street would be roped off and you paid a buck or so to get in and dance. Still have their two vinyl LP albums of surfing music. What an era.

Hey SilverFoxD...when I played that tune Baja, I suddenly remember a small video on the net somewhere that had that tune as background music.
Hey Jack.....my Mosrite did not cost anywhere near what they want today on E-Bay....if we could have only known eh?

BRIAN

Back