free website stats program Remeberance Day: In Flanders Fields | Harley Davidson Forums

Remeberance Day: In Flanders Fields

SixPak

Lest We Forget

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Thank You to All service men and women, Past Present and Future

Thanks for posting this. It has been awhile since I have read this (too emotional). Thanks to all our Veterans.

As is the custom here i have made sure my poppy has been secured to me all day
I have lost a few friends during my service time today is the day to remember them

Brian

Thanks for posting the poem. Always touching to read it.

Say a prayer for all the Canadian, British, Australian and American service men and women of yesterday, today and tomorrow. May we never forget their sacrifices.:small3d022:

Last edited:
Very touching, We must never forget all who have gone before, Thank you for the post

thanks sixpack....don't i have heard that since i left Canada.
thank you for bringing it back

Thanks to all the armed forces that work together to make this world a better place.

In 2006 I had the incredible opportunity to visit the sacred grounds of Flanders. During that trip on the road to Vimy, I stopped to get a photo of the huge Canadian memorial (under renovation). I looked down and there was a single poppy. I'll tell ya, the goosebumps just sprang out of me. I tried to attache it to this reply, but no joy.

grandfather,grandmother and father..all in the Danish underground during WWII, my grandfather was taken by the Gestapo but walked home to his wife years later. story is way to long to post, just watch the old movie the wooden horse, my grandfather was the fisherman, which is a very small part of what he did. may god bless them all thry did what was needed for the rest of us. he died in 1967 from a motorcycle accident, i will always remember my grandparents and what they did. we are all free for a reason

Back