free website stats program remap or TFI | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

remap or TFI

Thanks. I am convinced but one more qustion and I'll leave you alone. Kuryakyn makes one for my bike and it looks just like tfi. Says they partnered with Dobeck on this one. It's on their web site. Have you ever heard of this. Promise this is last question!!

We certainly hope not - that's what we're here for! :)

I'm getting mufflers and filter tomorrow and TFI hopefully thursday!! I'll let ya'll know how it goes. I'm looking forward to the new setup!! Don't worry Doc. I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions. Lots of other stuff that I want to do in future. Also you aren't going crazy, I was the first one who posted about Klockwerks pipes. Just had to wait on funds. Thanks for everybody's input, Tim

Small problem with klockwerks slip ons. right side muffler only has about a sixteenth of an inch clearance from axle bolt. Wondering if I can dent muffler to give more clearance. left side o.k.

Small problem with klockwerks slip ons. right side muffler only has about a sixteenth of an inch clearance from axle bolt. Wondering if I can dent muffler to give more clearance. left side o.k.

I had the same issue with my Rineharts being very close to the axle on the right side, I added a spacer to lower the pipes slightly, but now I don't think there really was a need to do it. I don't think they would ever hit unless you catch some air, in which case you're on the wrong kind of bike.

Bootlegger, I just finished working on it. Actually was able to make small dent and also shift muffler out. Noticed when I sat on bike, alot more clearance too. Bounced it up and down and it never made contact so I am happy with ajustment. They sound great too. thanks for reply.

Bootlegger, I just finished working on it. Actually was able to make small dent and also shift muffler out. Noticed when I sat on bike, alot more clearance too. Bounced it up and down and it never made contact so I am happy with ajustment. They sound great too. thanks for reply.

I told a friend to Take a big enough Ball-peen Hammer with peen end Against the muffler spot Where you want the grove,,,,,

OFF bike,Carefully support the outside of muffler against a few towels but firm backing (cement floor) while doing the above... Take Another hammer and SMACK the face of the Ball-peen hammer and you will get the needed space... The round end of the peen does a good job. and He never had a chrome problem when finished..

Now if you want a longer crease to clear ,,, You can use a home made to fit (rounded ends - smooth) Bucking Bar out of 1 to 1.25 inch cold-roll and Smack that instead of the ball-peen.. I weld a handle on the round stock as to position the metal while Hitting it... Saves on the hands.

signed....BUBBIE

IF HD remaps for a stage one on your bike, IT will still be too lean... It will change the RPM level of the Rev-limiter UP a little. But the end results is Still Too Lean (EPA mix)..

The TFI used OVER these settings (stock or stage one from HD) will do the job Right...

No Need to RE-Do anything, Just use the TFI
It will work Great!

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K. friends, This is last post for remappping or TFI. I've completed stage 1 with k&n filt., TFI mod. and Klock werks Super savers. I could not be happier!! Bike runs fantastic. Followed all directions and eveything went well. Small hands would have helped on the Injector plugs though. Tight fit in there.. However, So easy a cave man could do it. Just wanted to say thanks to all for the great input and helpful info. This forum is the best thing for any Harley person and I will recommend it to friendsand I plan to use it again. Thanks everyone, Tim

O.K. friends, This is last post for remappping or TFI. I've completed stage 1 with k&n filt., TFI mod. and Klock werks Super savers. I could not be happier!! Bike runs fantastic. Followed all directions and eveything went well. Small hands would have helped on the Injector plugs though. Tight fit in there.. However, So easy a cave man could do it. Just wanted to say thanks to all for the great input and helpful info. This forum is the best thing for any Harley person and I will recommend it to friendsand I plan to use it again. Thanks everyone, Tim

Aint it great having all this info and a strong network here:s

Back