free website stats program remap or TFI | Harley Davidson Forums

remap or TFI

tdufren

Putting my Klock Werks Supersavers Slip ons and K&N rk-3909 on my 06 flhtci this week. Talked to Harley Mech. about remapping for about 150.00. TFI is around 200.00. Decision time. Help!!

I know the guy pretty good that works there. Do you think he can set it up other than EPA settings or thats not possible?

Thanks. I am convinced but one more qustion and I'll leave you alone. Kuryakyn makes one for my bike and it looks just like tfi. Says they partnered with Dobeck on this one. It's on their web site. Have you ever heard of this. Promise this is last question!!

Figured it was the same just diffrerent name on cover. LOL. Thanks for help and I'm assuming you are a veteran. Thanks so much for defending our country!! God bless you and fly.

Talked to Harley Mech. about remapping for about 150.00.

Don't know how that is possible. As far as I know you must purchase a SE Dongle to remap a Delphi ECM and that's going to cost $400. Unless they have cracked the Dongle code for security, I don't know how it could be done for $150. Something is not right.

TFI sounding better all the time. Not sure why he told me 150.00. Maybe don't know him as well as I thought. LOL

tdufren; you're going to get more for your $$$ w/the TFI b/c it allows for future performance UG's as well. Also, if you're military or public safety (fire, rescue, LE) then make sure you get the discount. Cheers!

The HD stage 1 download does run about 150 dollars. But it is just a Flash of new instruction to the ECM not a dyno tune.
There is nothing wrong with it just not the best option

So your saying a HD dealership can put a Stage 1 map set into my ECM for $150 and I do not have to buy the SE Dongle Kit. I did not know that.

I thought the only way to get a Stage 1 (or 2,3 etc) map was to purchase the SE kit and have the dealership (or yourself) load it. Thanks..Very interesting.

So your saying a HD dealership can put a Stage 1 map set into my ECM for $150 and I do not have to buy the SE Dongle Kit. I did not know that.

I thought the only way to get a Stage 1 (or 2,3 etc) map was to purchase the SE kit and have the dealership (or yourself) load it. Thanks..Very interesting.

Hoop, on the injected evos you would buy the upload cartridge from the MOCO, they would use the scanalizer made by OTC for them to reflash your ECM, if it did not work right and alot of them did not it was amother 100.00 to try it again:s

just put gen 3 on mine 225.00 with the hd discount here thats tax and shipping 3 days , the tech help on the phone help is great they come preset for ur ride. then u just fine tune it . they talked me through the low idle issue i had . the xtra 75 u spend u save , cause if u do any thing else to it, u just readjust it, no return to the dealer . they say u dont have to pull the tank off ,i did for the extra room took me 2to3 hours one hour was cleaning my heads off ,while the tank was off

Back