free website stats program Relief is around the corner! | Harley Davidson Forums

Relief is around the corner!

Gold4484

Contributor
After 5 months of being on crutches, 1 MAJOR foot surgery, a second surgery to clean up the first surgery, and 74 days of having a Pic line in me with antibiotics every 8 hours.......I brought my Baby out of the barn!! I WAS going to go for a short ride tonight, but the foot was a little swollen up after way to much activity during the day, so I decided against it. Still not out of the woods yet with the foot, but not getting a ride in soon is driving me bonkers! With all that has gone on these past 5 months, my patience is just about gone! I kept a tender on her all this time, and when I turned her on and pushed the start button, nothing happened. Man was I ever flabbergasted to say the least!! All sorts of thoughts go though your mind at this point, let me tell ya! BUT, all was not lost. Seems like in my haste of listening for my Baby to purr, I forgot to flip the switch to run. So when she started right up and was purring, I fell oh so much back in love with her! Sounds kinda corny I know, but how I have missed her!......ahhhh, she's ready for me again!

BRIAN

Sorry to hear bout your tribulations with the foot. Had some messed up stuff on me thru the years and know the hard times that go along with that.

Glad to hear you are mending. It's a happy feeling to hear it crank up when you thought it was dead LOL.

If you have the AGM type battery you can take the tender off a few days to a week before you plan to ride, since they hold (or don't loose) their charge near as fast as the older plate batteries. A new AGM will hold a shelf life charge for up to a year.

Of course you don't won't to let it discharge much since it has a lifetime of "so many" discharges and charges. But by the same token your battery will have less heat going thru it during run time if it's not totally charged when you start riding. Your bike's electronics does not have the "float" ability when you battery is charged like the tender does.

Glad to hear you are on the mend and SOON you will be able to ride.
I do know the feeling of just wanting to get up and ride.3 yrs. ago I trailered my bike to Florida so I could ride with 153 staples holding my stomach together.It was more of a chore to sit in the van going to florida than it was to ride the bike.Good thing I have short strong legs because that is how I was keeping the bike upright at stops.No stomach muscles to help me out.

Sometimes feeling the pain at first ( foot surgery, bike won't start) makes things all the more exhilarating when it turns out right for you. All those times you miss riding on your bike will make the first time you get on her again all the more sweeter! Hop you get on her soon. BTW, I've been there too with the kill switch! :p

Sometimes feeling the pain at first ( foot surgery, bike won't start) makes things all the more exhilarating when it turns out right for you.

Man, how true that is!

I guess I will wait for a few days until I get my 'real' legs back.
Maybe I better get to the DMV to renew my registration first....think?
heh heh heh

BRIAN

Brian.....Glad you will be riding soon....All this talk of surgery makes me feel lucky not to have ever had any so far.....Hang in there. Mat

Glad to hear you are still mending, I know it is easy to say but patience is the key here, you will enjoy your ride that much more when you are not in pain, Best of Luck:s

Glad to hear you are still mending, I know it is easy to say but patience is the key here, you will enjoy your ride that much more when you are not in pain, Best of Luck:s

Quote Mat.............And if you dont mind me saying ,,,I think you have some experience with it.......Pain that is..

Quote Mat.............And if you dont mind me saying ,,,I think you have some experience with it.......Pain that is..

:s Indeed, but in my case for some reason I can ride and feal no extra pain, so I use it as therapy. I am going to attempt to ride out of here July 27th heading west on 10 to 55 North to 70 west to 35 to Mn, Where I will meet with my brother (JEFF AKA) Lawman to ride to Sturgis:s

Back