free website stats program Rejet | Harley Davidson Forums

Rejet

rickpny

Hey Guys, the skip is back. I bought a 2005 XL1200C with an SE stage 1 Air Filter and Cycle Shack Slip ons. I changed the plugs, oil and primary/tranny fluid. The bike runs great at speed, idles fine. At a start from a light I get crab farts and some stalls. I would like to clean the carb and rejet. She only has 4,500 miles on her. Any thoughts on jet size, or any other advise. Thanks.

Hey Guys, the skip is back. I bought a 2005 XL1200C with an SE stage 1 Air Filter and Cycle Shack Slip ons. I changed the plugs, oil and primary/tranny fluid. The bike runs great at speed, idles fine. At a start from a light I get crab farts and some stalls. I would like to clean the carb and rejet. She only has 4,500 miles on her. Any thoughts on jet size, or any other advise. Thanks.

never heard of a bike having those before it stalls !!!???? :newsmile100: J/K!!

Do you know what jets are in it now?

Glider,

Prior to asking the question, I utilized the self help section and read the link you provided; however, what I am looking for is somebody who owns a 1200C and has gone through the procedure that I am looking for advice on, and would like to know what jet sizes or techniques they may have used to resolve the problem.

Thanks for your advice.

Being new, I always thought more was better...it was this site that clarified that carb Stage I is quick and easy. Reason why...the stock Kehein carb setup has been around for quite a while, so the basic overlapping ckts have long been sorted out. So it "should" be simple like Glider' Self Help Tip says and it just WORKS!

What Hobbit is relating to is DynoJet kit changes so many things that any one thing by itself will not turn out right, and even then, if you take a drill to the slide/guide or make one tiny error, it will reflect in big time problems. So he is basically saying get the Kehein carb back what is the basic HDT setup and your done. I for one can attest to that it works...change the jetting, raise the needle with 2 washers, decap the mixture screw, gently seat and turn 1 1/2 turns and your DONE. Simple is better...a little less drama on the weekends tuning is a very good thing!

Back